The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: But I don't mind ...

The Pancake Chronicles

Thursday, February 09, 2006

But I don't mind ...

It's been unusually mild here. Yesterday morning as I looked out our window I did a doubletake. The thermometer read -3°C. Early today before I'd gotten up I could hear the wind pushing and shoving madly about. It's a bit colder and the wind has something to say. The trees are next to bare now because of it. The lovely thing though is that it has also whipped the grey clouds away which tend to hang around when it's mild. There's something about seeing that vivid blue sky as a backdrop to the white snow.
Ah yes, I'm speaking of weather. And why not? What is happening outside shapes so much of what I do and what I can't do. It get me to bundle up, it helps me plan ahead, it gives me compassion for those with less, it makes looking forward to summer and vacations a little sweeter.
In short, it makes me feel alive.
*

1 Comments:

Blogger Talena said...

Hey, know what you mean!

Cute cartoon!
Talena

10 February 2006 at 11:00  

any questions?

<< Home