The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: My Dad

The Pancake Chronicles

Saturday, March 11, 2006

My Dad

My favourite picture of my Dad and I.

This is my dad. His name is Fred Heppner and that's his full name. I guess maybe middle names were considered a waste back in the dirty thirties. He was born on Wednesday, March 11, 1936. He turned 70 years old today which is pretty cool. Our relationship has been tough in past years but I think we have come a long way. I have always felt loved by my dad despite it all and I am thankful for that.

So! Here are some facts about my dad that you may or may not (want to) know:

* He is the King of Coupons.
* It takes him awhile to say things sometimes but he is honest when he speaks.
* He has walked around the world over 4X in equivelant miles during his years as a postman.
* The suit he wore when my mom walked down the aisle to him was the same suit he wore to walk me down the aisle.
* He things about things from every conceivable angle (sounds like a certain girl I know).
* Green is his favourite colour.
* He doesn't give up. He's always trying to become a better man.
* He can't carry a tune in a bucket but he sings anyways. That's my favourite trait. :)

I love you, Pops.
Happy Birthday!

My other favourite.
*

3 Comments:

Blogger Talena said...

I like the cute wrinkly nose in the first one! (Yours, not your dad's. Tee hee!)

Also, Happy Birthday Mr. Heppner!

T.

12 March 2006 at 22:26  
Blogger polarpegs said...

Trev's mom does not have a middle name either. She is the oldest and the only one without that second name. They always said when she was born they were too poor to afford a middle name.

13 March 2006 at 06:57  
Blogger Monika said...

I feel like I have gotten to know your dad better - and I like the way you did the writing in green, since that's his favourite colour. Hope he had a happy 70th b'day! Oh, and my parents don't have middle names either, it must have not been the thing to do back then.

13 March 2006 at 18:05  

any questions?

<< Home