The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: Jiggety Jig

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, April 28, 2006

Jiggety Jig

I'm home. I feel sooo warm. Off comes my cardigan. Brrrrr. Did someone turn down the heat? On goes the cardigan. Man, it's hot in here. Cardigan off. Shiver me timby. On. Blazes! Off. And so it goes.

I'm home from our holidays with a bit of the flu. That's alright. I have a few days before I have to get back into the swing of things. As for now I've been attacking my luggage-weary clothes with soap and water and low tumble and iron.

We returned to sunshine and snow melting which is such a friendly welcome ... especially after having spent so much time in spring. I really got my favourite season fix - magnolia trees blossoming, april showers and tulips, yellow rubber boots splash, vert fraiche, hooray!

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant ....”
Anne Bradstreet

2 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Glad to have you back in YK, Colleen! Hope you get over your flu soon.

30 April 2006 at 13:07  
Blogger Talena said...

YAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE HOME!!! (I just accidentally typed "You're Homer!" which was quite funny, but not quite true!)

I missed you! Every day I would check your blog to see if you had found some computer time, but to no avail. Even though we still live so far apart (though not as far as before), when I get to see little pieces of your life in your blog, it makes me smile and feel a little bit like we just had some tea together. (Especially if I'm actually drinking tea while I'm reading it!

I hope you had a fabulous trip, and that you recover your health soon. It sucks being sick.

Love ya!

T.

1 May 2006 at 11:58  

any questions?

<< Home