The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: Made up words

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, April 10, 2006

Made up words

My brother Jon just got married -that dweam wiffin a dweam - to a girl named Sarah and at last our family is complete with all of us Heppner kids wedded up and off. She is beautiful - her face and her spirit. I met her a couple of days before the day and liked her promptly. Besides (trivia alert) anyone who shares my birthday must rock! (only she's, um somewhere around 10 years younger than I - gak.) It was a great day and there were many long unseen friends milling about sharing good jokes and stories of old times and silly times and times of yore.

This morning was bliss. I awoke to birds and sweet open window air and the sound of my friend Shari sing-songing over her baby. I didn't want to move, so content was I under the sheets with the light trying to pry open my eyelids. Upon padding down the stairs I was soonly greeted with a breakfast of scones, fresh fruit salad and coffee. It was a Martha moment and we laughed because we know life isn't usually like that.

Today was the first day that felt like a holiday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I am glad you are finally relaxing.

11 April 2006 at 08:59  
Blogger Talena said...

Hopefully you still have enough holiday days left to enjoy that you will feel well holidayed once you return!

That sometimes sucks when your holidays are so busy you don't even get to take a break! Glad you finally get one!

LY!

T.

11 April 2006 at 22:55  

any questions?

<< Home