The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: A Week in Disjointed Synopsis

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Week in Disjointed Synopsis

I have enjoyed sleeping in when I can. Damp spring air. Grey muffled light. A hike with my dad around the Lake of Many Colours. Coffee on slow mornings - black as hell, strong as death and for Mark, sweet as love. Surrounded by my mom's many orchids in blossom. Everything pure and clean and green buds just itching to burst their skins into leaves. New clothes that fit well, are easy on the bank and make me feel like a girl right through. Quick hugs and fast catching up with old faces and warm smiles from new ones. A beautiful kindness in my husband. Uppity snots that don't care. Genuine help from strangers. Steaming waffles with butter and maple syrup and a generous serving of chaos - my dad whipping out the plates from underneath within seconds of mopping up the last bit of sap, yelping at my mom over the sound of bacon frying, scurrying feet, general pandemonium. Being irked by it all. And yet wanting to stay just a little longer. Are we going so soon?

2 Comments:

Blogger Talena said...

I loved that blog.

If you ever write a book, I'm going to be first in line to buy it, C.

Are you heading out from there already? I thought you had a whole month off?

T.

5 April 2006 at 22:19  
Blogger Monika said...

You are so descriptive, makes me feel like I am almost there!
Looking forward to seeing you again when you're back in the 'Knife.

8 April 2006 at 20:10  

any questions?

<< Home