The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: moo

The Pancake Chronicles

Sunday, May 14, 2006

moo


bangs cowlick

Those were the two words I typed into Google and those two words led me here. I'd been thinking of getting bangs for some time now because I have this big honkin' forehead (which I've grown to love because it is the only forehead I have) whose honk I would dearly love to muffle with said bangs. I felt I was starting to look a little washed up. All I saw when I looked in the mirror was ... potential. So I typed those words into Google because I wanted to know it could be done. I needed hope that I wasn't doomed to a mop-headed existence. I loved what I found. I loved reading what I'd found. And I related to most every word. So I bit the bullet and got bangs! (Bad pun, I know.) I don't regret it one bit. In fact, I love it. And I also have a fave new blog to visit. Check it out - Jill has a way with words.

Oh cowlick, you don't scare me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Talena said...

Too funny, and thanks for linking to Jill! What a wordsmith! She's now on my blogline as well. (Isn't blogging fun? I didn't know what a blog was four months ago, and now I'm using words like "blogline" and "blogosphere." I feel all grown up.)
Good on ya' for getting the bangs! Are you going to post ye olde photos so we can ooh and aah?

Talena

15 May 2006 at 00:02  
Blogger Colleen said...

Well, wouldn't you know it I left my cammy in BC whilst holidaying. There is nary a picture of my bangs to be found. Someday perhaps ....

... and yes, this blogging is more fun that I expected it would be and I had pretty high expectations. A reminder that "every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main" in this largely disconnected world.

15 May 2006 at 00:33  
Blogger Monika said...

Colleen, looking forward to seeing you again later in the week. Way to go on getting bangs, I bet it looks great! I got a hair cut here in Edmonton too, so we can compare our new 'dos!

15 May 2006 at 11:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the kind words and the pimpage, to bang. (What does "to boot" mean anyway?) Your site is lovely, a very enjoyable read and I've linked right back at you. Congrats on the new bangs, the new blog and anything else with a "b" you can think of that's new in your life.

15 May 2006 at 15:16  
Blogger Colleen said...

Well Jill, thank you right back atcha or alternately - no, thankYOU! Please drop by anytime and make yourself at home.

Now your "to boot" question got me to thinking so off I went to Google (I sometimes just turn off my computer during the day because I'm addicted to asking questions but not caring so much for answers) and found a little on it. However, I didn't think what I found was that interesting (refer to parentheses prior). Boot came from an old English word "bot" apparently and that in turn came from a German "bat" (hee) and on it goes from there. Hmmm. I rambleth. I'm rambling. Please don't go. Come again. :)

16 May 2006 at 10:21  
Blogger Laurie said...

I have a perfectly good camera that I could use to take a picture of said bangs with.

17 May 2006 at 22:19  

any questions?

<< Home