The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: i said ...

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, July 21, 2006

i said ...

"I thought it was going to blow up."

Yes, that's what I said just after I woke up this morning and heard something that sounded much like a power tool.

It's 6 am! Our next door neighbour is an early bird but 6 am? In the morning? Come on. Wait a sec ... the sound's coming from inside our house. Wha ...?

Blarmily (blearily/with alarm) I trekked the hall to our office as the sound grew louder. My alarm turned to fear when I entered the office. From the computer emminated the harsh and raspy laborious chug of a hard drive gone to the dark side.

"M-A-A-A-R-K! Something's wrong with the computer!"

Poor Mark stumbled out of dreams and discovered in sleep what I could not in wakefulness: the computer was fine. But our paper shredder had turned itself on in the middle of the night and was chewing up air like it was half price.

"I thought it was going to blow up" said fretful I.

"You're crazy," fuzzed Mark in sleepy affection, unplugged the shredder and crumpled back towards bed.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kori's House said...

A true life nightmare!!

21 July 2006 at 23:45  
Blogger Colleen said...

It was comical afterwards but during the episode I was slightly alarmed. :0

22 July 2006 at 15:45  
Blogger cayman77 said...

I said.... Get rid of the heat wave! I cant stand it anymore!!!!!

Ps- yup Im a bridesamid- wedding is next weekend!

Stagette was GREAT! Ill post pics and a blurb soon.

22 July 2006 at 18:42  
Blogger Colleen said...

It wasn't as hot in the Knife as in Abbotsford but I burnt like a lobster today. =(

I can't wait to see the photos. Hooray!

22 July 2006 at 21:16  
Blogger Ace said...

teehee. Don't you just love the little mysteries life throws at you when you least expect it? :)

22 July 2006 at 23:28  
Blogger Colleen said...

i do, er. little a! well, at least i do after it's all over. in the moment i had pictures of me diving for cover and removing a mouse from my _____! (i exaggerate only slightly)

23 July 2006 at 08:28  
Blogger Talena said...

Colleen, this was great. Not the episode itself, I'm sure, but I have to say: "Blarmily?" I can't wait till edition 3 of Heather Anne's slang cards come out--I hope that blarmily is in it!

If you ever write a book, I want the first ten copies.

23 July 2006 at 12:00  
Blogger Colleen said...

Scrapn! Friends and I were discussing once how we could save time in our conversations by combining words. It was a hoot. Words like "blindy" and "scarepy". It isn't a prereq that they end in "y" but it seems to go that way.

23 July 2006 at 12:59  

any questions?

<< Home