The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: blink. nyup nyup.

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, February 12, 2007

blink. nyup nyup.

Weariness is sticking to the inside of my eyelids like a small but determined army of paper weights. Strange. Its victory is certain. I know I can't resist forever. I blink at the screen with dough and stretched out rubber bands pulling at my face and arms. Everything is beckoning me downward, floorward. Curtain draws over me. Kicking at the thick and the black of it. Foolish day dreamer. I know it's futile. I know I won't come out of this the winner. To sleep: perchance to dream .... Oh bother! Goodnight already.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it a good sleep?

13 February 2007 at 14:17  
Blogger Rachel said...

That moment right before one falls asleep is delicious!

13 February 2007 at 19:48  
Blogger Colleen said...

Cheryl - it was an awesome sleep. I don't think I woke once in the night. Just flat out from front to back. Sigh.

Rachel - for some reason what you said reminded me of the movie Hook when Tinkerbell says "You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? .... That's where I'll be waiting." I always liked the way that sounded.

13 February 2007 at 21:19  

any questions?

<< Home