The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: the Eggs Feil

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, April 09, 2007

the Eggs Feil

Phone rings the other night.
"Hello?"
A low voice. "Hey, man. Do you wanna die?"
Hmmmm. Do I want to die. Do I? Do I really want to die? I have a choice now. Awesome. "Maybe." Pause. "Yes, in fact! I think I do! Count me in! Let me just finish cleaning my kitchen and I'll be right over."

I haven't dyed in ages so I ... wait. Oh. Oh, no. Did you think I really wanted to die? Like with an i die? Crap. I'm sorry. Honest. How cruel of me. Insensitive, heartless and the like. A joke, people. No! I disagree! La sense of humour. Whatever. You don't even know.

Har har ... heh ... hh.

Okay! So the hardboiled eggs I doth dyed (heh?), alongside my good buddy Wendy, were pretty much a disaster. But it was a glorious disaster. Cacophany for the eyes. I think dying is like bowling for me. It's all broccoli trees and gutterballs. And yet it's so much darn fun! Who can deny it? One chaotic ball lobbed after the other, cheery disastrous egg after each. The thing I liked best about the whole thing was the bits of blobby colour that puddled all merry-like on the paper towel under the eggs dipped and dunked.

Much came of this evening. I dyed, I ate/am eating happy rainbow eggs and (most importantly) I have art for my fridge!P.S. It's 5°C today. 5! It hasn't been above 0°C since probably late October/early November of last year. Rock it! So awesome. :)
*

12 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Is that a competition? Is it?

For if it is, then, http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0008

It will be too hot. Please take a few degrees away from my new city. Just don't tell the rest of the population I gave those few points away!

12 April 2007 at 08:52  
Blogger Rachel said...

Have you been eating many egg salad sandwiches?!

12 April 2007 at 16:31  
Blogger Colleen said...

Acie - please send me some of your degrees. It will be our little secret. :)

Rachel - I've been plowing through those eggs but ... no sandwiches! I'm temporarily eliminating bread from my diet. I have no desire to cheat but I certainly am missing my toast and honey and not a few times have I wished I could mash up those darn Easter eggs on a wonderful peace of hot buttery toast!

12 April 2007 at 21:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Egg blot

13 April 2007 at 04:06  
Blogger Colleen said...

Et tu, Egg Blot? Then fall Egg Blot.

(p.s. egg blot)

14 April 2007 at 13:58  
Blogger The Lang 6 said...

Having never been to a psychiatrist (is that how its spelled, spelt...ugh), this blotting could come in handy for counselling friends..."look into the blot...what do you see?", or "how does this blot make you feel?", or "do you want to die?"!!
-Dan

14 April 2007 at 22:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

!tolb ggE

14 April 2007 at 23:58  
Blogger Colleen said...

Dan - I think I see a bat descending upon some scattering, frightened mice This concerns me not a little.

---

tolb ggE? Is it really uoY?

15 April 2007 at 19:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally! I've been having the worst time trying to access your comment page. But I'm here now. :)

Love the art work. Such an unexpected by-product of egg dying. Now why have I never thought of that?!

16 April 2007 at 07:29  
Blogger Colleen said...

Hey Sonshine! I had comment problems for awhile. All better!

Trust me, the art work turned out CONSIDERABLY better than the eggs. It basically redeemed the evening. :)

17 April 2007 at 21:39  
Blogger Talena said...

Glorious fridge art. It's almost worth the mess of dying eggs, just for that!

Hope you had a happy Easter, My C.

T.

17 April 2007 at 23:04  
Blogger Colleen said...

T-bean - it totally was.

18 April 2007 at 21:40  

any questions?

<< Home