The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: blab

The Pancake Chronicles

Thursday, July 26, 2007

blab

      Well, kids. Here I sit. Looking at the same words you're reading. Only I can't tell what's coming next. If you want you can stop reading this sentence now, go to the last sentence of this post, read that one instead and you'll know more than I do now about what I'm going to write. "Now" as in right now but not now for you because now for you is in the future for me and now for me is the present for you. Think about it.

      Basically, I had nachos for supper. Not what you'd call nourishing other than that it filled the hole. The hole of my hunger. I'm working all of this week and I didn't have a game plan before I hit Monday - thus the nachos. When you come home from a long day of work it's the bajillion-year old question - what do I eat? And child, if I haven't thought of it prior and if I don't have the ablility to rattle a fridge and make good things appear (I don't), I'm either going to go hungry or eat something silly. Oh well, that's what a second chance and Tomorrow is for. Whenever it gets here, that is. Actually I've been eating pretty well. I find suppers to be the hardest though. Breakfast? A delicious smoothie filled with every good thing. Lunch? Piles of fresh veggies and dip. Supper? Er .... Too tired. Can't think. Brain malFnuctioNG.

      It's all about The Plan. I will create The Plan. I will buy groceries according to The Plan. And then the week happens and The Plan? The week happens but The Plan does not. For me, The Plan is like learning to drive a stick shift. You finally figure out how to start the thing, you beetle down the street, 4-way stop, you stall. The Plan works initially but Life occurs within that week and YOU know. I don't need to describe it for you here. On top of it Mark does shift work so cooking and lunches for the next day and The Plan becomes a little more interesting. Do any of you have a Shift-Working Man whom you cooketh for and have discovered a magic way to make it work? Teach me.

      I could go on but I shan't. Hey! Did you skip down to read this? You turkey. You got to find out before me how I was going to end this thing. Well, in a kinda Space-Time Continuum sort of way. Later! Or rather ... Now!

9 Comments:

Blogger cayman77 said...

Hi Toots! Lol! Nice post hmmmmmmm nachos anytime- then with the left over chopped veggies- put them on a bagel with melted chees the next night and some soup!

27 July 2007 at 08:49  
Blogger Talena said...

You're hilarious! Thanks for the awesome giggle to start my day.

And even though I didn't skip down to read the last sentence, it was still farther into the future when I finished the post than when I started. Maybe I can travel through time!

Good thing that "Tomorrow IS another day." Also, next week is a whole new week to start with the Plan! :-)

27 July 2007 at 09:22  
Blogger Rachel said...

Let's try and convince ourselves that Nachos are very healthy! Heaps of fresh veggies, sour cream & cheese (dairy goodness), salsa (lots of healthy tomatoes in there) perhaps some refried beans for fiber? Yes...quite a meal indeed!

27 July 2007 at 21:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean nachos aren't a healthy dinner? 'Cuz dang...in our house they've always been a legitimate meal.

28 July 2007 at 08:54  
Blogger Kori's House said...

nothing wrong with nacho's! YUM!!

suggestions... crock pot cooking... great for lunch, dinner & leftovers.

Keep salad's in the fridge that will last a couple dyas... coleslaw, bean salad, pasta salad. Even pre-cut lettuce and some other goodies that can be added like Ham & Cheese, or hardboiled egg and bacon bits.
just some of my tricks :)

28 July 2007 at 15:20  
Blogger Colleen said...

Everyone! Nachos rock in the flavour department hands down. But I must say that if they DO to me how I FEEL afterwards I'm in big trouble cuz I will become a fudgy mound of heart-palpitating cheese.

Kori - great ideas! I've started to do that with veggies - cutting up stuff ahead of time and it makes a world of difference. I'm going to add these suggestions as well. Life made simpler - tis a good thing. Thank you!

29 July 2007 at 08:43  
Blogger villagegirl said...

Oh Colleen, my hear doth acheth for you! The dilema of the ages. Unfortunately my man doesn not do shift work, even MORE unfortunately is that I STILL have trouble with the Plan. Healthy, easy, and variety seems to be a lot for me to handle on a daily/weekly basis. I make sure I have a one or 2 'cheat' days where I don't put too much effort into cooking so that it doesn't seem like too much of a chore every other day. I like to do pizza bagels once in a while they are a snap and they definately fill the void but again, the cheese. I do love me some cheese though. Especially all gooey and warm, mmm, ok, I'm making myself hungry. Must stop now. :)

29 July 2007 at 15:36  
Blogger villagegirl said...

oops, I meant heart, not hear. My hearing does not ache for you. Well...maybe a little. :)

29 July 2007 at 15:37  
Blogger Colleen said...

Jill, I'm thrilled to know that both your heart and your ears hurt for me. I think I may hurt a lot of people's ears at times. :/ ... It really is getting to the place where there are some real "regulars" in The Plan so we're not constantly trying to think of something new. And it's true, isn't cheese a MAJOR distraction in this life?

31 July 2007 at 23:57  

any questions?

<< Home