The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: sunday segue

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, July 16, 2007

sunday segue

Yesterday morning I headed over to Javaroma's to grab a coffee and flee into the sunshine. Once inside my plans were promptly waylaid by two old guys shooting the breeze. I used to work with them a few years ago when I first moved to the Knife. We, by all appearances, were mutually delighted to see each other so they pulled out a chair, bought me an espresso and a muffin and we talked for the next hour or so. It was great. They had me laughing most of the time, the sunshine waited, and I left with a full heart.

*

8 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl of the Wilds of C said...

Great picture, Colleen.

16 July 2007 at 13:55  
Blogger Kori's House said...

that's so sweet!
Glad they let you snap a picture :)

17 July 2007 at 16:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww...don't you just love random little surprises like that?

18 July 2007 at 08:49  
Blogger Ace said...

Glad you got to catch up - out of the blue with them.

This photo made me laugh. They do look like wonderful, funny old men.

19 July 2007 at 13:20  
Blogger Colleen said...

Well, I guess I'd better say it now and get it over with ... (gulp) the men in the photo are not the men I had coffee with. OH THE DECEPTION!

I'm ... sorry.

19 July 2007 at 16:55  
Blogger Colleen said...

And isn't it kind of funny that there's a little head sitting on the lady's shoulder?

19 July 2007 at 16:56  
Blogger Kori's House said...

They aren't! that is so funny :) did you take this picture? Do you know these men??

20 July 2007 at 22:42  
Blogger Colleen said...

I did take this picture but I don't know them. My sis-in-law wanted a picture because they were talking around the fake little old lady and it looked pretty comical. Unfortunately I was unable to get a shot of them chatting with one another because I don't have a sneaky zoom and people kept walking in front of me so I just asked them straight up for a photo.

20 July 2007 at 23:51  

any questions?

<< Home