The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: arctic antidote

The Pancake Chronicles

Saturday, August 18, 2007

arctic antidote


ςηςηςηςηςηςης


She is youthful. An old heart behind fine skin. Deep dark hair, the odd strand of grey. Inuit.


She has three grandchildren.

"What?" my eyes big. "Whatever your secret is you've got to bottle it and sell it!"
She said, "I don't think too many people like fermented seal oil."

I laughed so hard I couldn't stop. She laughed through the doorway, down the hall.

ςηςηςηςηςηςης

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah! First one to leave a comment for a change! I love your words, and the pictures they evoke. I can just see her, laugh lines crinkling at the corners of her eyes, laughing because she made you laugh. You're like a breath of fresh air on a lazy Saturday morning.

18 August 2007 at 12:54  
Blogger Monika said...

That's funny! :-D

18 August 2007 at 13:27  
Blogger Tips Of All Sorts said...

Hahaha...what a beauty secret!
Clara

19 August 2007 at 10:38  
Blogger Talena said...

Yeah, they'd rather have the stuff that clogs your pores and gives you cancer.

This was a great post. Hug you.

20 August 2007 at 11:21  
Blogger Colleen said...

Fudge, you have a way of making me feel so happy that I am me. I wish I could just drop by and we'd go for breakfast. Like right now. And I'd have an espresso. Would you?

Moni - it was! It was an "of the North" moment.

Hi Clara - yes, what do you think of adding "fermented seal oil" to your list of tips? I double dog dare ya. ;)

Thank you, T. I consider myself affirmed and hugged. Yep, there is strange truth but truth nonetheless.

21 August 2007 at 10:29  

any questions?

<< Home