The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: it's that time of the year!

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, September 14, 2007

it's that time of the year!


So I'm off to go cranberry picking today. Hooray! We're going to bring a picnic along and slush among the leaves and lichen. It's kinda chilly and grey so I'm bundled up in my second-hand clothes to keep me warm - oversized jean jacket and fairisle sweater, hat and scarf. Mark said I was "going all fashionable". But it feels just right for picking. I want to be warm but I don't want to be so wrapped up in big clothing that I can't move - that crazy in-between time in the years' weather.
I took and posted this photo
last year but I'm bringing my camera today for some new photos. In spite of the overcast skies I hope I can capture some digital autumn. You'll be the first to know!

8 Comments:

Blogger villagegirl said...

I was so happy to see this picture. I just think it's so pretty! Can't wait to see the new ones too.

14 September 2007 at 15:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I recognized that picture. I absolutely love it! I wish I could be there right now.

15 September 2007 at 10:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wild Cranberries! How awesome.
I love your blog and how it gives me wonderful
insights into your life in the far north.
I look forward to many more.

15 September 2007 at 17:13  
Blogger Laurie said...

So how many did you get. A whole bushell I bet. We went to look but couldn't find any. Oh well maybe next year.

16 September 2007 at 10:55  
Blogger Yolanda said...

It looks like loads of fun.

16 September 2007 at 14:22  
Blogger Colleen said...

Hello Jillian and Sonya - I'm glad you like this pic cuz me, too. It seems so woodsy and fairy-ish. It almost makes me feel like I live in a cabin on the edge of a wood and I wear clogs and every day I beat out the braided rug at the front door with my broom ... or something. :)

Hi Grandma Betty! How nice to see you again! I'm glad you like to come. I'm sure I will be writing lots more about the north ... to me the north is like a person whom I once found annoying but have now come to accept and appreciate and even love. When I write about it it helps me to understand this place a little better.

Hey Laurie! I'm sorry to hear you found so little. If it's any comfort we found very little ourselves. And what we did find was tiny. Very tiny. I hope to go again this next week sometime and discover a hidden patch somewhere.

Hi Yolanda! It was fun. Unproductive ... but fun. :)

16 September 2007 at 15:20  
Blogger emilyruth said...

cranberry picking?!?
too cool:)

17 September 2007 at 15:57  
Blogger Colleen said...

e.r. - 'tis. :)

12 October 2007 at 14:05  

any questions?

<< Home