The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: and more photos still

The Pancake Chronicles

Saturday, October 20, 2007

and more photos still

I know.
You're probably thinking "For someone who had to delete hundreds of ruined photos of PEI
why does she have so MANY?"
I just do.

We only had a day and a half to actually drive around and see the island.
Basically our plan was to find out where the prettiest road was
and then drive it until something caught our fancy
at which point we'd

pull the car over,
jump out,

run down to the beach or into a shop or onto someone's private property,
snap photos as though we had unlimited digital space,
leap back into the car
and drive until said fancy was caught once more
whereupon the whole process would begin all over again.


This was fun but I don't really recommend it.
Why?
Because there are moments large chunks of time when I don't want to be
viewing life through a camera lens
but seeing it with my own eyes.
But we didn't have large chunks of time.


This particular beach was called Singing Sands.


It was my favourite place of all.


The sands make a very interesting sound when you run upon them.
It's hard to run on sand! It's akin to making a quick getaway in water.
If I lived in Souris, PEI I think I would take up morning jogs on the beach.
I would be whooped into shape in no time and so enthralled with the surrounding beauty
that I wouldn't notice I was panting like a crazy panting person.
A little piece of me dies every time I go for a walk on hard concrete among squat, colourless buildings.


The sand here wasn't red like so much of PEI but the rocks were!
I'm a keen observer of nature.


One of the bests parts of the day was when I took a wrong road as we were driving home
because this is what we bumped into just about the bend.
*

11 Comments:

Blogger Tarasview said...

beautiful pictures my dear! You made me want to be there. Especially the picture with the stairs leading to the beach... oh how I wish I was there right now!
love you

20 October 2007 at 12:17  
Blogger Rachel said...

That one beach shot....second from the top is a winner! I love it. Frame it!

20 October 2007 at 15:22  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yikes what stunning photos!!! Now I've gotta go and look at all the rest.... WOWZERS!!! Looks like a trip to remember!

20 October 2007 at 16:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you do have so many pictures of your trip. I never get tired of looking at them. I just want to be on that beach SO badly!

20 October 2007 at 22:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A little piece of me dies every time I go for a walk on hard concrete among squat, colourless buildings". Possibly one of the most beautiful things I have read in a while. Thank you for these gorgeous photos and thoughts, they just reaffirm what I suspected the first time I read your blog, that you are one incredibly special lady.

Running on beaches is a killer. If I am ever in a situation where I can jog along a beach, I cheat by running close to the water where the sand is a lot harder and compact. Then I cheat even more by flopping into the waves in blissful abandon.

20 October 2007 at 22:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to you, bit by bit I'm able to enjoy the scenery of PEI.

21 October 2007 at 11:05  
Blogger villagegirl said...

WOW!!!! I agree with Rachel. You must frame that one. It would probably be a great b&w too! Amazing pictures! Seriously. You should submit them somewhere - they'd win something I'm sure!

21 October 2007 at 19:53  
Blogger Colleen said...

Wow, thanks everyone! I'm saying 'wow' because I almost didn't throw that second photo in with this bunch. I was just 'okay' about it. Which just goes to show that we are all affected by beauty in different ways. Cool! And thanks for the encouragement. It's very easy to lose perspective when my face is looking so closely and so often at these.

22 October 2007 at 09:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures, Colleen. I'm sorry you didn't have more time to really soak it all in. The one of you on the beach is my favorite.

Love ya tonnes.

22 October 2007 at 12:22  
Blogger Colleen said...

Ruthie, you make my heart sing. And I love your metric tonne almost as much as you. ♡

22 October 2007 at 19:03  
Blogger Talena said...

These are my favourite PEI photos that you've posted so far. Just lovely.

(Although the ones of the leaves in the following post are very nice, too.)

23 October 2007 at 22:30  

any questions?

<< Home