The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: <span style="color: rgb(0, 153, 0);">green</span> gables and that's <em>final</em>

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, October 22, 2007

green gables and that's final

One of the things I was really hoping to see while on holidays
were the famed autumn trees of the Maritimes.
Unfortunately we were there about two weeks too early to see them.

Green Gables, PEI
But, hooray! I caught a glimpse of what could be whilst visiting Green Gables.

Green Gables, PEI
And here it is! In all it's gabley glory.
Say gabley glory without smiling. I dare you.
And then say gabley glory 10x fast while smiling non-stop.

Green Gables, PEI
This is taken just inside Green Gables.
I ran out of digital space.
You will simply have to imagine Anne's room.
Or go to Flickr and do away with imagining altogether.
The house was wonderful. What I liked most was how simple it was, even plain.
Only what was needed was there but those needed things were made to be lovely.
So good. So, so good.

Wait. I haven't learned my lesson.
In Anne's economy?
It was good.


lover's lane
Luv-uh-lee Lover's Lane.
Say luv-uh-lee Lover's Lane 10x fast.
I ended up saying Lovler's Lane. Will you?

anne's apple
This crabapple was lovingly plucked from a tree near Lovler's Lane.
I can't bring myself to eat it so I have it sitting on my kitchen window sill.
Still.
It's been almost three weeks.
Isn't it amazing?
Holidays are wonderful and over and done with (and sometimes just overdone)
and before you know it you've been home longer than you were away.
Time.
Sheesh.
Poo.

Green Gables, PEI
haaahhhhhhhh
Okay, I'm better now.
*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say how much I LOVE your pictures from PEI?! They are stunning. I haven't been on the blogs for a couple of weeks now and what a wonderful surprise to come on to yours and have so many beautiful pictures to look at. I love the Anne of Green Gables collection and the house looks just how I pictured it in my head. Thanks Colleen for sharing those!

23 October 2007 at 05:08  
Blogger Felicia said...

Oh my! So this is where all the beautiful fall color has been hanging out. I need to get over here and visit more often because this post is a feast for the eyes!

23 October 2007 at 06:12  
Blogger Rachel said...

I will go there one day.

23 October 2007 at 22:40  
Blogger Kori's House said...

Whenever the grey gets you down... pull up these pictures!
Beautiful! Maybe even slip the movie in the vcr :)

26 October 2007 at 19:19  
Blogger Colleen said...

Kori - you are the Idea Queen! For some reason I don't think of these little self-kindnesses when I feel that weight of gray. I should make a "rescue list" that I can refer to for help in times like those.

27 October 2007 at 07:17  

any questions?

<< Home