The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: I usually type PIE first and <em>then</em> PEI. (mmmmm ... <em>pie</em>.)

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I usually type PIE first and then PEI. (mmmmm ... pie.)

Hello, friends!
I'm back.
It takes awhile for me to get back into the swing of things.
Are you the same?
I try hard but inevitably it's at least a week before I feel even
semi
-productive again.
I got home Sunday night.
I was in PEI for six days and in Alberta for four.
Prince Edward Island was beautiful.
Please may I retire there?
Some disappointments. I'll get them out of the way here first.
  • I wasn't there long enough. We only had 2 days to tour about the island. Not long enough. Most of the time was spent in Charlottetown which is a lovely place so it's not as though I was miserable. Wasn't. Just not long enough.
  • The quality camera-wise of my photos was less than good. Many, many pictures turned out greenish. Like they had sat in the sun or had been in an old album for 20 years. Many were blurrish. Poo. Some of it was me, lots was my cammie. I look forward to the day I can put it to rest. But for now many photos were deleted due to CrappyFactor.
  • I used up all my camera digital space in the first 5 days and couldn't take any photos for the rest of the trip. Double poo. And there was this most beautifulest day in Alberta and, and ... and I couldn't. And then I got home and deleted a bajillion pictures cuz they didn't turn out and oh I don't mean to complain but it certainly made me sad.
  • Our initial accommodations were ... sufficient but ... just alright. Great location though. Had to wear flip flops in the shower.
The rest of the trip was perfect.
The weather was great.
The wedding was intimate.
The friendship was sweet.
Since I don't do well with a play-by-play description of events
let me just throw some pics at you.


where we stayed in Charlottetown
Wendy and I stayed at #17 for four nights.
It was a 5-minute walk to downtown Charlottetown.



Our first morning in Charlottetown we stumbled over this gem.
Cora's.
I thought it was just a local restaurant.
Turns out it's a breakfast chain in eastern Canada.
We LOVED it.
We ate there everyday and never got tired of it.
Piles of fresh fruit arranged beautifully.
Tasty, happy, coffee, healthy.
We miss you, Cora.



slurp


old man Wendy
Here's Wendy drinking coffee like an old man.
It was funny.



See?



laughing at Cora's
Ahhh, Cora's.
We sat by the window most mornings and laughed.
Also!
We laughed.
*

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad for you that your pictures didn't turn out as well as you would have liked. Well, actually I'm sad for me and your other readers who will never get to see them. You however, will always have those lovely pictures in your mind.

I'm so glad you had fun. Although I have a feeling that fun follows you everywhere you go, so it's not really a big surprise. And I'm so glad you're back now. Yay! New posts to read! :)

10 October 2007 at 18:44  
Blogger Talena said...

Sounds like bittersweet fun! Laughing is good, though.

Sorry about the photos. Poo. I agree.

Missed you.

10 October 2007 at 22:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, welcome back!

Oh, sorry about the pics and your cammie. Have had a similar experience...know how you feel.

Well above all else, happy to know that the trip and the fellowship was GOOD!

11 October 2007 at 06:55  
Blogger Rachel said...

You're back! This is good.

11 October 2007 at 12:17  
Blogger Colleen said...

Hey everyone! Thanks for your sympathy (now for some tea ...). I had such a nice time that it was hard to be too disappointed. I'll probably end up writing about that. Anyhoo, I'm glad to be back too and it feels good to be wanted back.

I like you. Yep! You.

11 October 2007 at 14:24  
Blogger Mindy said...

Ok, after looking at that food, I miss Cora too.

12 October 2007 at 09:15  
Blogger Colleen said...

It's like there's a hole in your heart that you didn't know could only be filled by HER.
Also, I believe that first day we were there was the last day we bought separate meals. We shared from then on in and were no longer stuffed to our eyeballs. :)

12 October 2007 at 10:35  
Blogger Kori's House said...

I am so behind on blog reading, what a treat to stop by your blog with all these posts!

Looks like you had fun. That is a total bummer about your camera :(
When in doubt, buy a disposable, they really do work good for outside pictures. I know, not the same!

That food looks SO GOOD!!
Glad you had a great trip even if it was too short!

14 October 2007 at 21:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Cora's too.

14 October 2007 at 23:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poo. I hate when my pictures turn out badly or - worse - when I run out of memory on my card. I know the feeling.

Looks like you had a nice time though. Cora's looks delightful!

15 October 2007 at 16:13  
Blogger Colleen said...

Kori - It's enjoyable to be behind on blog reading sometimes because then you can just sit down and read a bunch at once. It takes up more time at the moment but less time overall when you're checking all the time.
And of course! Disposable cameras. It didn't even cross my mind but that would've been perfect.

Hi old man.

Karen Beth - It seems like it's happened to everyone at one point or another. The good thing is that it forced me to appreciate my surroundings in a different way, knowing that I had nothing by which to record it. And you would really like Cora's, I'm sure of it!

16 October 2007 at 10:41  

any questions?

<< Home