The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, November 23, 2007

smile
For real, you ask?

Yep! Here he is again.

Now that's what I call a snowman.
And nature made him!
Just the way the rocks are and the wind has blown.


Also, due to special request, here is a photo of me all "rosy cheeked and healthy out there in the cold air".


And this is what I was looking at after I got the camera out of my face.
Yes, it is that grey. So grey.
Grey grey.
But being outside helps absolutely.
When I'm inside
(which is more than I care to admit)
on days like these
(which is most days these days)
it is extra, extra grey.
Grey².

indigo
The good thing about a grey day
is that when the sun sets
(about 3:30 pm these days)
the sky goes all indigo-y
and in turn so does the snow.
Phew.
Reprieve.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

It's beautiful. I love it!

23 November 2007 at 12:29  
Blogger Talena said...

Phooey to grey days.

Looks like you've been getting out a fair amount, still, judging from all the photos. Wish I could say the same--I feel so guilty about how many days I only set foot out the door to walk to the van and back--exit building, shuffle shuffle, enter van. Exit van, shuffle shuffle, enter building. Like that.

23 November 2007 at 22:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scrapnqueen, can we have that again? Shuffle shuffle.

Yes, there is an awful lot of snow in your photos Colleen. I adore the one of you, you are rosy cheeked and healthy and it's great to see a picture of you! Do you close your eyes and listen to the silence? Have you ever wondered why it's so quiet when there is a lot of snow? I only found out recently it's because snow absorbs sound.

xxx

24 November 2007 at 09:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And THAT, my friends, was for free.

Yup, little nuggets of science and wisdom coming your way.

x

24 November 2007 at 09:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love nature's snowman! Way cuter than any man-made snowman.

Seeing that picture of you out in the snow made me wish I was there with you; making snow angels, having a snowball fight, just being silly.

Grey is no good after too much of it. That's why I always make frequent trips to my local tanning establishment during the grey days of winter. :)

24 November 2007 at 10:21  
Blogger emilyruth said...

that snow man is amazing! oh my goodness! & the snow woman is pretty cute too:)

24 November 2007 at 19:43  
Blogger Kori's House said...

He is the happiest snowman ever... and despite 'grey' you look like a happy snowgirl :)

24 November 2007 at 23:27  
Blogger Felicia said...

Love the sweet snowman!

27 November 2007 at 05:22  
Blogger villagegirl said...

That snowman is the coolest! Fabulous pictures - again.

27 November 2007 at 15:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the snowman, the snowman's smile and your smile!

28 November 2007 at 11:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the natural snowman and love that smiling girl too!
So, the sun sets in mid-afternoon?!!! Cool indigo look after sunset. Beats the grey doesn't it?!

4 December 2007 at 10:03  

any questions?

<< Home