The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: can you feel the love?

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, December 14, 2007

can you feel the love?


      Hello, everyone! I wanted to say a very warm Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all. This last week has been full of winter things, mostly very enjoyable - people and catching up and lots of music and cheesecake and very cold days. Mark and I are heading off to see his family tomorrow for a little while and I am as happy as a ... as a person all snuggled down in a deep chair with a creamy hot mug of something just thinking about it. But, as it is, everything accelerates just before the end and a hundred loose ends are waiting for bolon knots and a sailor's heigh ho! before I'll be ready by morning. Our little car packed to the gills with toques and mittens, extra blankets, clothes and gifts, leaving our snowy driveway behind to hit the long highway south to freedom and shops and family and Christmas.
      In particular I wanted to say how MUCH I have loved being here, right here where you are, this year. I love it. I have enjoyed all the comments from those I know and those I don't. You've been a source of great encouragement. Words you've written in a quick second of kindness and thoughtfulness have brightened my days from front to back, so, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
      Hmmmm. This is starting to sound like a goodbye speech. It isn't! But maybe just for 2007. I will return in the New Year. I hope and pray peace for you all in the next weeks. Christmas isn't a 'holiday' for everyone and maybe you just need to survive. So I hope that too.
      Looking forward to chatting soon!

      Truly, merrily,
            Colleen
            xo

*

18 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

We're going to miss having you here this year for Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful holiday and see you in the new year.

14 December 2007 at 13:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss not having funny little stories and beautiful pictures and interesting thoughts to ponder... January seems like a long time to wait. I am always checking to see if you've added something to your blog. Enjoy your time away!

14 December 2007 at 15:57  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Colleen, I think I speak for everyone when I say we have truly enjoyed having you here too! It's always such a treat to read your gorgeous entries and see all your lovely snowy photos. I hope you have a magical, happy, warm and love-filled Christmas and we all look forward to 'seeing' you in the New Year! It's been truly wonderful to get to know you. Take care my sweetness and see you in the new year!

Love and hugs,
x

15 December 2007 at 02:45  
Blogger the mama said...

I very much enjoy coming to your blog. This photo in particular is just breath taking! I want to wish you and your family a blessed Christmas and a fabulous new year!

15 December 2007 at 11:57  
Blogger villagegirl said...

I hope you do have a lovely Christmas and safe travels! I know what you mean about comments they are always truly cherished! I've loved connecting with you again and thoroughly enjoy your blog. I love hearing about your life and the difference from life down here. Merry Christmas Pancake girl!

15 December 2007 at 15:03  
Blogger Keri's Collage... said...

Merry Christmas!! See you in back in blogland in the new year :)

15 December 2007 at 17:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be thought of and missed during your Christmas blog break. I wish you much happiness as you celebrate with your family & friends and look forward to your return in the new year. :)

16 December 2007 at 21:39  
Blogger Felicia said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

18 December 2007 at 08:55  
Blogger Talena said...

I hope you have a great holiday! We'll be thinking of you and missing you! Love!

18 December 2007 at 12:18  
Blogger Colleen said...

Thank you, one and all! I, for one, feel the love. :) You know I tend to despise cheesy things like that to say and yet feel such a strange gravitation to them at the same time. Hmmmm ....

I wanted to say a special hello to Arminda. Hi! I mean, woops, HELLO. :) It's so cool you came and that you keep coming and that you said 'yo, C!' (paraphrase). A merry, happy Christmas to you and to the people you love. ♡

18 December 2007 at 20:58  
Blogger Kori's House said...

I am a wee bit behind in blog reading... Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

19 December 2007 at 16:55  
Blogger Nan said...

That was a really nice message, Colleen. I just love visiting your blog, and look forward to your return.

21 December 2007 at 15:37  
Blogger Angela Fehr said...

found your blog...love your photos...

I might email you and ask you about using some of your photos as reference pics for a painting sometime - I do watercolors and am lousy at taking my own winter reference pictures.

21 December 2007 at 16:10  
Blogger Colleen said...

Thank you, Kori, Nan and Angela! Christmas was just right this year - what I needed - so I am grateful.

Angela, I'm glad you've come! If you need to e-mail me you can reach me at bugwrit@yahoo.ca It would be my pleasure for you to use a photo if you'd like. How cool is that! :)

26 December 2007 at 17:52  
Blogger the Stewarts said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Colleen. I've been lurking for a bit and have loved reading all of your thoughts. Cheers!! Diane

1 January 2008 at 10:26  
Blogger Theresa said...

Where ever your travels have taken you I trust you are safe and now enjoying a Happy New Year!

1 January 2008 at 11:40  
Blogger Nan said...

When are you coming home? Your readers miss you. :<(

4 January 2008 at 16:18  
Blogger Colleen said...

Hi Diane! Lurk away, I say. One should be able to read the paper without having to write the editor, right? Nevertheless, thank you for your warm hello and encouraging words. Happy New Year!

Thank you, Theresa and to you, too! I am glad to be safely home after a long and nasty drive.

Nan! I'm here! Here I am! Hello! :)

6 January 2008 at 09:42  

any questions?

<< Home