The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: more même

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, December 07, 2007

more même

Well, my oh my! It's the week of the même. My old friend Tara (she's not really old at all but you know what I mean so stop bugging me) of Tara's view of the world has asked me to share 5 random things about myself. I've known Tara since 1990. The last time I saw Tara was the summer of 1994. Due to cool things about computers we have found each other again. I've discovered she's as honest and refreshing and real and vivacious and kind as she ever was and I'm glad our lives have intersected once more.
Because trying to choose five random things from my whole life is like, wait a second ... how does one choose randomly? Isn't that as odd as saying "your blinker lights are working, now they aren't, now they are, now they aren't, now they are .... "
New thought. Start again. For the sake of my brain I will tell you five things about today.
  1. I love getting up in the morning when it's still dark. In winter that's not hard to do for today the sun will rise at 9:48 am. Anyways, I love mornings. I don't jump out of my bed both feet planted on the floor at once with a hearty shout to the world (my husband is grateful). I just get up, blink my way to the kitchen, make a bit of strong coffee and drink it out of a teacup whilst hunkering down in my chair. Today I did that. Most everyday I do that.
  2. I am visiting my friend Laura today for lunch. I love going to see Laura. She does all the little simple things that make a person feel welcome. (Read: she makes TASTY things and listens to me.) I always come away both revived and relaxed. Not many can invoke that combination in me.
  3. Sometimes ticking clocks can make me feel crazy. Sometimes the sound of a ticking clock is very comforting. Kind of like blinking lights I guess. It works and then it doesn't work. Right now the clock that is ticking behind me isn't driving me crazy a'tall.
  4. It's -30°C (-22°F) right now with a projected high of -25°C (-13°F). That always makes me laugh. Who knew that one day in my world -25°C would be a high!
  5. Breakfast is my favouritester meal of the day. And now I'm going to go and have some.
*

7 Comments:

Blogger Tarasview said...

very nicely done my dear. And thanks for the compliments :) You know... I think I may have enjoyed mornings a lot more before kids. Now my enjoyment depends wholly upon HOW I was awakened. If it was on my own or by a peaceful smiling child- things tend to go well. If waking up involved screaming on anyones part, or wet sheets, or the words " mommy, he hit me and I peed my bed" then the day did not start well. :)

7 December 2007 at 15:15  
Blogger Rose said...

Thank you so much for your snowy pictures and your writing. I just recently found your blog and I love enjoying the snow vicariously through you! I have always wanted to live where it snows and I'm still dreaming of doing it.

7 December 2007 at 16:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine having to wait until 9:48 to see the sun. I wouldn't like that one bit.

8 December 2007 at 10:07  
Blogger Colleen said...

Oh Tara! You really make me laugh! I sometimes forget what a blessing a quiet morning is and I promise to be more grateful for them on your behalf. I hope for you a plethora of peaceful mornings this next week.

Hello Rose! I'm glad you've come. It helps to know that I can share the snow with someone else. It really does! There certainly is no end of it here. I used to absolutely hate it. Not so much the snow but that it was here for so long. In a strange sort of way, though, I've come to love even the length. My favourite place that I've lived that had snow was in the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia. It is a gorgeous place that has a perfect balance (in my mind) of all the seasons. Hot summers, chilly winters, springs and autumns that linger. I miss that place! If your snow dream ever becomes real I hope you can live somewhere like that.
My
, I can yak on! :)
Thank you again for stopping by and popping in to say hello!

Hi Sonshine. No, you wouldn't. Not many of us do. We feel sad and have to sit in sun lamps and take holidays in Mexico. Hmmm. That last part isn't so bad. ;)

8 December 2007 at 10:13  
Blogger Talena said...

Breakfast is my favouritest, too. So I try to have it daily. Sometimes multiple times daily. Because breakfast is cheap, fast, and easy, as well as fun and tasty.

I echo Tara about mornings.

8 December 2007 at 14:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love learning little snippits about you and can just imagine your morning. How cozy to be in the warm drinking coffee as the sun is coming up over a blanket of snow. Mmmm.

9 December 2007 at 02:12  
Blogger Felicia said...

Wow! Hard to believe its so cold there that that you've got all this beautiful snow.

13 December 2007 at 18:16  

any questions?

<< Home