The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: thawts

The Pancake Chronicles

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

thawts

DSC07154

      I am presently thawing in places south of north and it's been very, very good. I've missed being here with you but the days are long, the sunshine high and it's impossible to be gloomy. This year Mark and I will be travelling a fair bit, probably just enough to keep me from finding the usual rhythm so I'll have to brush up on my improvisation skills. In short, it's a jazz year.
      There were mountains I saw, I wish you could have seen them, too. The colour of honey and sage and drawn up like hankerchiefs along the river. I wanted a horse and a million acres.

5 Comments:

Blogger cayman77 said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your are 2 :)

19 February 2008 at 13:40  
Blogger Rose said...

Jazz year? I like it!

19 February 2008 at 16:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're having a good time. And enjoying the warmth of the sun.

19 February 2008 at 16:11  
Blogger the mama said...

I love how your words seem to....dance. Yup they dance, hop, flow...I love it I love it. :)

27 February 2008 at 20:22  
Blogger Colleen said...

Oh thank you, Arminda! What a great way to wake up! I couldn't sleep and wished I could and was so sleepy and I bumbled downstairs about an hour ago and your warm words were the first ones I read this whole day. Thank you!

2 March 2008 at 08:07  

any questions?

<< Home