The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: For you, Mom.

The Pancake Chronicles

Sunday, May 11, 2008

For you, Mom.

the first northern pussy willows I've seen this year - May 10, 2008
      You've given me the love for all things beautiful. I've learned from you that pure bliss comes with the first pussy willows of spring. You have shown me how to pause in the middle of daily life to really see the loveliness that's everywhere about me. And to look for it when it's hard to come by. In you I see what a joy-filled, beautiful, grateful, content, generous woman looks like. I am so thankful for you!
      Happy Mommy's Day. I love you. xo.
*

5 Comments:

Blogger cayman77 said...

What a beautiful picture! and thoughts....:)

12 May 2008 at 13:41  
Blogger Nan said...

Your mom is a lucky woman, Colleen, and you are a good daughter to take the time to say such nice, nice things. Really beautiful sentiments. In Canada (Yellowknife) is Mommy pronounced Mom like the author S.Maugham or Mum like the British?

13 May 2008 at 14:24  
Blogger Colleen said...

Thank you, you two. You would like my Mom. (Betsy, did you meet her?) I actually don't know anyone who wouldn't like my mom. And Mommy is pronounced Mum like the British. We Canadians can be a little confused with spelling and pronunciation. We have such strong influences from both the UK and America that we end up combining spellings and pronunciations somewhat willy nilly. Or so it seems. Said like "Mum", spelled like "Mom". :)

15 May 2008 at 12:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear, sweet, Colleen,
Thank you for the beautiful thoughts! I am privileged to be able to share my passionate love for God, life and beauty with you!!!
You know, your own eye for beauty, seen in your pechant for the unusual, and portrayed in your unique photos is amazing.
I just wish there was a special "Daughter's Day" where we could celebrate YOU!
Lovingly,
Your bloomin' Mama
(I meanm Mom/Mum

17 May 2008 at 12:48  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is so beautiful. Whenever I read your posts I feel a lovely calmness and warmth wash over me. This is a place I can come to and sigh contentedly with a big smile on my face. Your mum must be a wonderful and good person to have brought you into the world the way you are.

All my love Colleen, and a big hug.
x

18 May 2008 at 03:24  

any questions?

<< Home