The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: see ya

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, May 26, 2008

see ya

This just doesn't feel right.

I shouldn't be posting these photos.

They are so twelve days ago.

These say winter lingers but today, and for many days, there has been not a trace. The long hours of steady sunshine with the odd day of rain have made us almost forget that winter even was.
I did say almost. One week ago the temperature was still dropping below freezing (0°C/32°F) at night.

(Hello, Mrs. Duck.)
But even as I type it is 20°C (68°F) outside, ceiling fans are whirring inside, the trees are lime and leafy and water is dripping slurpishly from flower boxes and baskets.

So long for now, ice and snow. Summer is here.
For a good time, not a long time.
*

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Winter is literally receding before your very eyes (and ours too thanks to your beautiful and thoughtful chronicling of this incredible phenomenon. 'Chronicling' looks as though it is spelled wrong, it probably is).

I just wanted to say I adored Mrs Duck, hurriedly swimming past there as if there was nothing note-worthy about her being in the picture. I suspect she probably had more important things on her mind than being photographed, which is why she didn't stop to pose. She may be thinking about putting on a few layers of spring fat before preparing for possible motherhood. Or what to make for supper that evening. Who knows what a duck thinks about. I have just posted about chickens incidentally, as I am feeling happier about them this week. I don't know if chickens are great thinkers. They just look surprised the whole time.

I seem to have gone off on a ramble. Thank you for these beautiful pictures, I particularly love the last photo, as winter seems to be melting on the horizon in the setting sun.

x

27 May 2008 at 09:34  
Blogger please sir said...

Brrr...looks chilly!

27 May 2008 at 09:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always so glad to see winter leave. There is no love lost between winter and me.

27 May 2008 at 16:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe me, I have been waiting for you to say this! Welcome warmth!

28 May 2008 at 10:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Colleen,

Please read my comment I left on the last post, I thought it was the last post but this is!!!

Kelli

29 May 2008 at 23:49  
Blogger Felicia said...

What a beautiful summer :)

30 May 2008 at 09:10  

any questions?

<< Home