The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: #46

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, June 02, 2008

#46

Mom and Dad - 1962
      I love this photo of my parents so much I don't think it matters that I'm using it again. They have been married for forty-six years today and I think it's safe to say that they love each other more now than they did all those years ago. They are a good example to many of how to help and serve each other and how to stick together through the hard times even when some of the hard times came from being stuck together. They are more beautiful people today because of it.
      When I called this morning to chat they were heading out to have a lovely celebratory breakfast together on the town.
      I love you, Bread and Jam. You're a good sandwich. ♡
46th Anniversary - 2008
*

6 Comments:

Blogger emilyruth said...

what a great picture!
so wonderful!
congratulations coleen's parents!
good job!
:)

i've been reading back
& i just need to say how much i love your words
& pictures...
you always say things so nicely...
& you are darn funny too:)

2 June 2008 at 15:41  
Blogger Les said...

Awwww. What a lovely photo and a tender post. May they celebrate many, many more.

2 June 2008 at 16:44  
Blogger Monika said...

What a great picture! You look so much like your mom. 46 years, wow....that is awesome!
I agree with emilyruth, that you 'always say things so nicely, and you are darn funny too' :)

2 June 2008 at 17:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! You look just like your mom. Two beautiful ladies. :)

Congrats Colleen's parents! What an amazing example you've set for all of us youngsters.

2 June 2008 at 22:49  
Blogger Nan said...

I just love the picture. What a nice dress, and those pink roses are perfect. I find myself singing that old song, "it was just a wedding in June, that's all that it was, but oh, what it means to me." You are all lucky people, and I like the twinkle in all of your eyes!

3 June 2008 at 07:11  
Blogger Kori's House said...

Very Romantic photo's!
Happy Anniversary!!

6 June 2008 at 23:31  

any questions?

<< Home