The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: great day for <span style="color: rgb(51, 204, 0);">U</span><span style="color: rgb(0, 153, 0);">P</span><span style="color: rgb(0, 102, 0);">! *

The Pancake Chronicles

Thursday, June 12, 2008

great day for UP! *


      First thing this morning I put the coffee on, my hoody on, sandals on and flip-flop trudged out the screen door and down the front steps. The sun had already been up for close to six hours, Thursday well on its way before me and noon still hours to come. That perfect silvery sand dollar breeze introducing leaves to each other. Freckle-lit lilies and seedlings. Greening grass underfoot. My favourite tree. Welcome, Day!

* title of Dr. Seuss book written in 1974
*

3 Comments:

Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

Sigh. Maybe tomorrow will be my great day for UP!

Thanks for sharing your bit of beauty.

12 June 2008 at 20:23  
Blogger jenna said...

Sleeping in today. yup.
We have not had a sunny day in June yet. Can you believe it? I am getting the mid winter blues in June!
I'm glad that you enjoyed your morning.

13 June 2008 at 11:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of the sky myself. Especially when it's blue and framed by green foliage.

13 June 2008 at 12:20  

any questions?

<< Home