The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: how it begins

The Pancake Chronicles

Saturday, July 19, 2008

how it begins

      I don't think I have a handle on them but I love mornings best of all.
      I love being the only one in its space.
      I love how the house feels like nothing at all, without question marks. There's just air and light and the clock ticking the same second over and over.
      At some point, among oatmeal and coffee grinds, I notice the rest of the day has spilt in, stealthily, and once espied it muscles we'll take things from here and away we go.
      A tip of the hat, until tomorrow then.

guh'morning

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean. I love walking into my mother's kitchen before anyone else is up and opening the curtains, the room instantly feels alive and fresh, the stone walls and pine pretty in the morning sunlight. And there is definitely something magical about ticking clocks and the smell of coffee. Something else I love is waking early on a Saturday or Sunday morning, having clean white bedsheets and having the window wide open, curtains blowing in the breeze - and there's a thunder storm outside, it's pouring with rain. I love the smell of rain coming in and knowing I don't have to get up.

Mmm, all this talk of beds is making me sleepy, I think I'll head off there now!

Once again, I so love your observations and the way you describe them. Funnily enough, I get the same sense of warmth and happiness reading your words as when my brother and I chat. I think it's simply that both of your 'zests for life', appreciating the simple things, are deeply infectious, I love it.

19 July 2008 at 13:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love mornings in the summer. Padding out to my deck in my bare feet and pajamas. Breathing in the freshness of the new day. Listening to the birds as they awake to a new day. Watching the river slowly ripple by as the sun creeps steadily higher into the sky. Pure bliss!

19 July 2008 at 16:15  
Blogger Nan said...

The thing with mornings is that I want to do way too many things with them: yoga, aerobic exercise, have coffee and toast outdoors, read a book, read a magazine, read blogs, and I cannot do them all so I get frustrated. Maybe I should do something different each morning?? Do you have advice, oh wise one?

7 August 2008 at 18:44  

any questions?

<< Home