The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: how it begins - part two

The Pancake Chronicles

Thursday, July 24, 2008

how it begins - part two

This is my favourite chair.
      It isn't because of the way it looks though it looks fine. It's not because of how comfortable it is for all my curling up in its cushions. There's a blue-ribbon view of the telly from here but that's not why it's my favourite
      Here mornings begin and from here days follow. Daily first moments of solitude are spent here. In the oft chaotic and lacklustre minutes that ensue remembering my chair helps me. It helps me regroup, start over, pick things up, slow things down, quicken my steps, listen, squelch despair, look for beauty, steady my gaze; in short, I remember what matters to me.
      Oh! Plus the arms are wide enough to hold a nice cup of hot-and-steamy-
morning-something-or-other and a saucer, too.
*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone could use a chair like that.

24 July 2008 at 19:58  
Blogger Nan said...

I love your chair!

7 August 2008 at 18:34  

any questions?

<< Home