The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: more

The Pancake Chronicles

Sunday, August 24, 2008

more

      There is that hard to describe feeling of hope in my chest right now. Not wishes with cake. It comes with grey light and stippled rain and the silence of evening and the breeze through changing leaves. It comes feeling like new love and pain. Devotion and dying. The clock ticks and echoes rain and ticks on. The trees stir and fill their lungs. So beautiful. Too beautiful. So still and full. I'm folded into it like sand in sea. And the feeling is here and the feeling will go but the hope will stay.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Is this the joy that comes from being with friends and really laughing? Devotion - a young friend just had this word tattooed on her wrist.

24 August 2008 at 23:21  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

I'm blowing you a kiss right now--just because.

25 August 2008 at 21:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture and am filled with anxiousness at your hope! Love the picture!

Kel

25 August 2008 at 22:12  
Blogger Ace said...

Hope. It adds the spring to my steps.

-- among other things, did you get my message on your machine? I didn't get the chance to call again and am back in London now. Hope you had a good weekend!

x Ace

26 August 2008 at 02:21  
Blogger Colleen said...

Nan - for me it comes with knowing this life is filled with meaning even beyond what I can see, that what is good and pure and beautiful is worth hanging on to and that it's worth the struggle.
Devotion - why did your friend tattoo this? I'm completely curious.

Ace! I DID get your message! And I haven't erased it (don't want to) because your voice is beautiful and I love hearing it and I am SO sorry I wasn't hear to speak with you. I'm glad you got to talk to Talena though. How was your trip here? I've heard Vancouver's had great weather this summer but that they just had a few days of absolute rain. Did you get stuck in that?

26 August 2008 at 11:11  
Blogger Ace said...

Yup, it rained and absolutely poured on the morning I had reserved for sightseeing!

Hehe, that's okay. I'm sure we can talk again (Skype! Skype!) Yes, I did talk to Talena and kept going 'wow, you sound so Canadian!'

x Ace

26 August 2008 at 23:43  

any questions?

<< Home