The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: the waiting game

The Pancake Chronicles

Saturday, September 13, 2008

the waiting game


      My parents are visiting us right now and it is no small task to get up before my father in the morning. I almost managed to today - I poked into the kitchen and saw no other shadow but my own but ne'ertheless can hear Dad putting about in yonder regions of the house even now.
      There haven't been too many times in my life when I have wanted to wish away rain (if any) but this week would be one of them. Mark and I were hoping we could show off our famous aurora borealis which are especially beautiful this time of year. But darned if it hasn't been the rainiest, drippiest week of September I can remember with every evening clouded over and the northern lights dancing only for each other.
      Autumn is at it's peak of loveliness right now and I want to drag them about the outdoors to see waterfalls and autumn's rainbow in leaves and lichen and moss. Instead we have been listening to the soft ticking of water on the skylight, snugged up in blankets with our noses soundly inserted in various books. It's supposed to clear up a little today and we are crossing our fingers that we can go cranberry picking this afternoon.
      No one's spirits are deflated however (yet) and we've had a lovely time inside of doors despite it all.
*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the weather starts being a little more cooperative. Although I'm sure you're having some lovely moments in spite of the rain.

13 September 2008 at 08:47  
Blogger Richard Lawry said...

I found your blog because of the recommendation of scrapnqueen. You have a artists eye for photography. Keep up the good work

13 September 2008 at 16:03  
Blogger Monika said...

Sorry to see the weather up there is so cloudy/rainy while your parents are visiting, hopefully you can still make the best of it!

13 September 2008 at 19:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!!! I AM NOT A DRIP!! but am gonna comment here anyways!! first time here through Talena's blog( love her!).. i love your pictures, and i think your writing is incredibly calming.
im gonna link you even though this is my first time here!

15 September 2008 at 07:56  
Blogger Colleen said...

Sonshine! Still raining! No cranberries. But we did have a really nice day yesterday in between drips and even (wait for it) snow. The snow didn't stick (thank you) and we ended up taking out the canoe for the first time. It was GREAT.

Hello richies and grafxgurl! Welcome here! Just so you know I in no way think either of you are drips. I tend to change the comment word with every post so ... today you're a drip and tomorrow who knows! ;) I'm glad you came by, especially via Talena. She's such a great woman, isn't she? Thanks for your kind words and I hope to see you around here again!

Also, MONI! I've been thinking about you lots! How's ... everything? Are you liking your new place? Boy, I sure miss you around here. xo.

15 September 2008 at 10:21  

any questions?

<< Home