The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: <em>I'm mad</em> or <em><u>Where's my fall?</em></u>

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm mad or Where's my fall?


It has been miserable the last two weeks. And it has been increasing in misery as the days pass. For two straight days there has been pelting rain, winds gusting up to 63 km/hr (39 mph) , angry snow, altogether which has next to stripped the trees of their autumn leaves. It is not just the snow that is angry. I am downright grumpy about it all despite my efforts at "bucking up". I look forward to this time of the year in the North. We have such a short fall as it is but it has always been a beautiful one. Leaves are sunshine gold, white birch, the sky outdoes itself in blue and aurora borealis. This year there hasn't been one day of it that I can remember. One or two evenings it has cleared up a little but now I


see that that was just the sky inhaling his lungs before he let loose another venomous blast. My lips are curled just thinking about it. I haven't taken outside photos because I can't guarantee my camera would be in working condition by the time I came home. So this year I will have to dig up old photos perhaps from another time or from the summer to place here. I so wanted to show you our beautiful autumn with my new camera but it is what it is. And I want to buck up. But for now I'm just mad. I love stormy weather but this year it's robbing the handful of fall we receive and it feels malicious. The rich robbing the poor. I'll get over it. But today? GRRRRRRR. I'm taking it personally.

*

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Colleen, don't feel too bad. Maybe I'll get out and take some pictures of our fall for you, down here it seems to last for months. That drives me nuts...get on with winter already! The Kootenay Boy hates these dragging seasons.

Trevor

24 September 2008 at 12:03  
Blogger Richard Lawry said...

And I thought bad weather got under my skin. I am looking forward to a beautiful fall here. I will have to share it with you in picture

24 September 2008 at 13:16  
Blogger Colleen said...

Trevor! Hi! That would be awesome. After living in the Okanagan I fell in love with the beautiful four seasons it offered. The Kootenays are the same? The west coast definitely isn't four season and you're right - it does drag on. That's what winter is like here. Spring is non-existent, summer is over as soon as it begins and fall is a blip. And this year my blip has been taken from me. And oh I hate being grumpy about weather but I am and I don't know what to do about it. Hmmm. Actually I should bundle up, go outside, and hug it out. Or something.

Richies! I promise I'm not usually so grouchy about it. I'm just not ready for winter yet. Every year it's a bit hard at this time. The trees get their leaves the last week of May and already they are almost gone. Sigh. But thank you - I will enjoy whatever autumn you have to offer.

24 September 2008 at 13:36  
Blogger Laurie said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have been so grumpy the last few days. I feel like a wet, wind blown rag doll. I want to be able to go outside and enjoy the aurora before it gets to cold.

24 September 2008 at 19:17  
Blogger Captain Momma said...

That down right SUCKS. And makes my heart soooo merry that I moved away :) Oh sorry, that was mean. You could join me down here in the Okanagan for the week, I needed a last bit of fall too and it was getting cold in PG! Thanks for stopping by and admiring the house, we are quite smitten!

Kel

24 September 2008 at 22:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's just so wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. If I could I would package up some of our perfect fall and send it to you.

25 September 2008 at 07:57  

any questions?

<< Home