The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: cloud control

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, September 05, 2008

cloud control

I went to the Columbia Icefield in Alberta for the first time this summer.

When we arrived everything was socked in. See above.
We were sad.



We went on a tour anyway, fingers crossed, hearts hopeful.


Lo! Behold!
The socks came off.
First one.


Then the other.


And threw themselves into a lurking hamper.



And when I say lurking I mean lurking.

7
It was otherworldly.


It was breathtakingly beautiful.


It was also cold. See above.
This was the first week of August.
Mindy needs mittens.
Cheryl is thinking of clothes fresh from the dryer.
Both of them are in dire need of hot chocolate.


I have never seen anything like it.


As we re-boarded the bus to make the return clean socks rolled back in.
Show's over, folks. Watch your step.
*

6 Comments:

Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

So fun. So wonderful.

And btw, I like your updated banner. Very cute.

6 September 2008 at 12:14  
Blogger Mindy said...

Can we do it again tomorrow?

6 September 2008 at 20:31  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a beautiful post, gorgeous. I mean the place itself is clearly stunning, but as ever, it's the way you express it all that I love so much.

Fantastic pictures.

I feel the chill of the coming autumn. Here in the Southeastern mountains, there is a definite nip in the air aswell.

7 September 2008 at 06:54  
Blogger ELK said...

now that was an amazing feast for my eyes ~ blessings

8 September 2008 at 05:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm lost for words! And the buses are so cool.

8 September 2008 at 07:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely spectacular!

8 September 2008 at 09:49  

any questions?

<< Home