The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: tada!

The Pancake Chronicles

Saturday, November 01, 2008

tada!

The snow has come!
© Colleen Hilman
      Oddly enough I welcome it in a way I never used to for it transforms that in-between time of bare trees and overcast skies into the sugary landscape of melty marshmallows and frosted mittens I have come to love.
"A big mixing bowl of winter sweets we are."
- Yoda
© Colleen Hilman
      There are photos of green British Columbia I have yet to show you but I interrupt this verdant fact with the following announcement: Snow Is Here and Here to Stay. Ten days ago the snow first arrived and then it left and then it came back and then left and came back again. For real. At least I think so because right now it's above freezing again and things are dripping and plopping and there is, overall, a sloshy confusion.
      Ahem. I'm rambling. All this to say, I promise I still have a little bit of autumn to show you.
© Colleen Hilman
Just not today!
*

7 Comments:

Blogger Richard Lawry said...

Beautiful pictures. I love to look at snow, but I don't like to be out in the snow. My granddaughters live in Baton Rouge Louisiana where it never snows. One year someone brought a truckload of snow in a refrigerated truck and charged people to see snow.

An Arkie's Musings

2 November 2008 at 07:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow your pictures make me feel like snow is not quite the evil villain I imagine it to be.

2 November 2008 at 15:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure want to see more of that little bit of Autumn that you've got. Not too ready for snow yet. :-)

2 November 2008 at 23:35  
Blogger Dickie Chick said...

Snow!! Yikesters! Living in my little world out here I forget that you get snow so early!

Your pics are beautiful my friend. You know how to capture the beauty of the moment!
I am however getting cold just looking at them. I think I will go make a steaming cup of hot cocoa. Wanna come over for some?

3 November 2008 at 09:14  
Blogger Felicia said...

Beautiful! I look forward to a season of your snow pictures :)

4 November 2008 at 07:21  
Blogger Nan said...

Oh, that light shining through! I don't know how you get these fantastic shots. They are realer than real.

4 November 2008 at 13:25  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

Strange that, for once, it is hard to imagine that snow should be falling now, when I am looking out at a warm fall day. That snow is so pretty--I always like snow for about the first three weeks! :-) After that, it starts to get tedious. And cold.

Love the photos of it, though.

5 November 2008 at 15:23  

any questions?

<< Home