The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: ACK! and a herd of pancakes

The Pancake Chronicles

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ACK! and a herd of pancakes

© Colleen HilmanWe are moving.
Away.
ACK!
Why did I say "ack" and "ack" so loudly, you ask? (Do you ask it? I'm not sure.) I say a loudly "ack" because it's crunch time and everything is up in the air and constantly changing and time is running down and everything's just kind of crazy and slightly nauseating right now. And this coming from a generally very laid back girl (er, me, that is). In fact it feels much like a herd of rogue pancakes are stampeding through our house and heads at this very moment. One pancake on it's own is really nothing. Smother it in butter, douse it in maple syrup and you can stare a single pancake down. But a herd and a stampeding herd at that is something to be reckoned with. There is power in numbers, let me tell you.
And now I must go.
But I would be remiss if, here of all places, I did not wish you a hearty and happy Pancake Day! May all your flapjacks be manageable and your syrup run tawny and free.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Pancake Day? That's totally awesome since I love pancakes. If only I had known sooner I would have made myself some pancakes.

Where are you moving? And why? So many questions swirling around in my brain!

24 February 2009 at 17:51  
Blogger villagegirl said...

Oh my! So very intruiging you are! You will give us more details? Pretty please?

27 February 2009 at 21:34  
Blogger the mama said...

hmmm pancakes. You could always invite a herd of friends to help take down said pancakes. Just sayin'... :)

Good luck on this move of yours!

28 February 2009 at 13:55  

any questions?

<< Home