The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: faded city scenes <br>      from an ice road

The Pancake Chronicles

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

faded city scenes
      from an ice road

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
      This just in ... the packers came a day early. In fact they are packing up my house as I type and so! No last "looky backy", thoughtful, Yellowknife posts for you as I had hoped - well, at least not written in Yellowknife. I will be off-line for a week or so after which I'll have to let you in on the "what's up". And maybe then I'll pull nostalgic on you. It's been such an experience ... sharing my frozen heart with you. Frozen in a good way. Frozen as in cold. No. Frozen as in it's cold up here and so my heart is cold but not really because I was just trying to be literary and funky but not frozen as in embittered and putrid (putrid? wha...?). You know ... I'm just going to stop writing for now.
      Wish me warm!

      Much love,
        Colleen
*

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? There are actual cities comprised of real buildings way up north? And here I always thought it was a barren wilderness. ;)

10 March 2009 at 08:16  
Blogger Rachel said...

I can't stand all this mysterious suspense! Moving! Where?! Why!?
Details.
I need details.
I suppose you'll share in good time and I must be patient...right?

10 March 2009 at 12:53  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

I hope you enjoy the move, as much as that is possible! Stay safe, you!

10 March 2009 at 15:44  
Blogger Dickie Chick said...

Keep safe my friend. Call me!

10 March 2009 at 15:52  
Blogger villagegirl said...

Warm, yes, lots of warm!
Can't wait to hear the details! Don't leave us hanging too long...pleeeaase! :)

10 March 2009 at 22:04  
Blogger Les said...

Best of luck in your move! Can't wait to hear where you're headed.

11 March 2009 at 20:48  
Blogger Nan said...

The suspense is killing me! Will you still be Canadian? :<)

14 March 2009 at 09:15  
Blogger Laurie said...

I can't wait for the next few posts. I hope you move went well. Guess what I got today. My picture. It is awesome. I am so lucky that I won the contest. Miss you already.

16 March 2009 at 16:56  
Blogger Amanda said...

Good luck with the move, moving sucks! I've had more than my share of moving already! :) Where are you headed to? Whatever the destination I wish you guys all the best!

17 March 2009 at 08:59  

any questions?

<< Home