The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: it's <em>here</em> that we are

The Pancake Chronicles

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

it's here that we are

      Hello! I haven't actually been trying to be mysterious about our move and it amuses me only a very little that I'm coming across as such. I hadn't said anything yet because whenever I think of explaining everything it feels sorta daunting! We've moved to southwestern British Columbia! For those of you unfamiliar with North American geography we are still in Canada which is nice but but we are also over 2300km (1400 mi) away from Yellowknife. Worlds apart, really. And a million differences between the two.

See?
© Colleen Hilman
The North.

© Colleen Hilman
The South.

      There's the distinct possibility that we may return to the North within the next two years but for now we are where we are. And seeing as how this wee post has somehow taken me most of the day to finish I will wrap it up for now and fill you in on the rest later!

15 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Welcome welcome welcome to the south dear girl (and Mark!) - I look forward to reading your a-little-less-frozen perspectives on the a-little (lot)-greener world. :o)

17 March 2009 at 22:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going to be so good to have you back in the area. I know, you won't be back in Abbotsford, but close enough to it. LUV IT !! Maybe I'll get to see your mom alot more. I HOPE !!

17 March 2009 at 22:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colleenie! Are you shroomin' in the south already? Gonna miss you guys, but looking forward to seeing the old hometown through your eyes.

Nancy

18 March 2009 at 09:16  
Blogger Nan said...

You are in Bill Richardson's Bachelor Brothers Bed & Breakfast land!

http://www.powells.com/biblio?isbn=9780312171834

It sounds enchanting and enchanted from the descriptions in the book. Have you read it? Now is your time! Is it a job that takes you two traveling?

18 March 2009 at 09:21  
Blogger jenna said...

Southwestern BC... I've heard that it's one of the most beautiful places on earth. I hope I can come and visit you.

18 March 2009 at 14:27  
Blogger Catalyst Of Calamity said...

Welcome to the South! Your blog is about to get much greener and greyer. I was always struck by how much sunshine the north had in the winter compared to here.

18 March 2009 at 16:17  
Blogger Les said...

What a fun adventure!! I can't wait to hear all about your new home and see all the photos you'll share with us. Congrats!!

19 March 2009 at 06:30  
Blogger Amanda said...

Wow that must be a bit of shell shock to go from the frozen north to GREEN! I'm so envious right now! :) Spring where art thou?

19 March 2009 at 09:01  
Blogger Dickie Chick said...

You mysterious one you! Welcome my dear girl! I also hear that the Southwest of BC is fabulous!

19 March 2009 at 14:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm giddy at the prospect of you finally being able to join in on blogger coffee nights. Yay!

22 March 2009 at 10:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard of this SouthWest BC... any hints as to where?

Trevor F.

24 March 2009 at 11:29  
Blogger Colleen said...

Clue: we reside in a dale of clover ....

24 March 2009 at 12:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I see. Call me, I'd like you to meet my wife, then we can drink coffee. And sing silly songs.

Trevor

24 March 2009 at 16:03  
Blogger the mama said...

Two of the most beautiful pictures I've seen on here. Seriously. Wow.

24 March 2009 at 18:16  
Blogger Colleen said...

Trevor! That sounds good. I would like that. :)

Arminda Bean! Thank you. xo

25 March 2009 at 09:52  

any questions?

<< Home