The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: something fishy with Wendy

The Pancake Chronicles

Thursday, March 19, 2009

something fishy with Wendy

© Colleen Hilman
I went to Bullocks' Bistro in Old Town Yellowknife. It has the tastiest fish in the world. Even if you don't like fish. At the very least, Reader's Digest says they make the tastiest fish in Canada and who can argue with Reader's Digest? It can't be done.

© Colleen Hilman
I went with Wendy. To say goodbye. Goodbyes are dumb and hard and sad and the good thing about it all is that the only reason it is that way is because everything before it was none of those things.

© Colleen Hilman
There were chairs in the sunlight. What could I do but take a photo of them? I am powerless to resist scribbles and chairs in its basky glow.

© Colleen Hilman
I gave Wendy a picture we took of ourselves a year ago while we were "watching" Mark play hockey.

© Colleen Hilman
Hard to believe but the Wendy girl you see in the photo is indeed the same Wendy girl who is, er, in the photo that's in the photo.


© Colleen Hilman
The owner of the restaurant of the restaurant loved that photo (in the photo) so much that she wouldn't stop talking about it and pleaded with us to give it to her so that it could go on their wall. I am not exaggerating even a tiny bit. She LOVED it. But then Bullocks' has a rep for being a little on the crazy side. Which is why we went there. Ahhh, we relented and bequeathed to her the photo.

© Colleen Hilman
Wendy stapled it to the wall. And signed it.


© Colleen Hilman
Me, too.

© Colleen Hilman

But what's this? Is that ... another photo? Similar and yet entirely different? And, more importantly, why is my likeness being fed? For lo, there were so many funny photos to choose from I gave her five. Giving away the other photo was like taking my hand out of a bucket of water. Also, my likeness was hungry.

© Colleen Hilman


© Colleen Hilman


Goodbye, Wenders!
I'm really going to miss you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Good luck with your move. Sounds like a good friend. Your pictures are always so great. Take care.

19 March 2009 at 09:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

***sigh***
**shniffle***
*woe*

Alas....I'm really going to miss you too, Bean. Wait, what am I saying? I already DO miss you, my dear Big One.

lovingly always, your little one.

22 March 2009 at 00:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how goofy you girls are together. That's the sign of true friendship. :)

22 March 2009 at 10:41  

any questions?

<< Home