The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: a good problem

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, May 29, 2009

a good problem

© Colleen Hilman
      I've had a hard time coming up with pictures and posts of late. Oddly enough it's harder for me to find things photoworthy in a place where beauty is lush. In Yellowknife I searched and looked for beauty until I found it, "rassled" it to the ground with a *click*'s lasso and felt my heart open wide from the struggle. (May it be said that thousands have fallen in love with the beauty of the north the moment they laid eyes upon it but that is not my story.) Here on the west coast with trees the size of ... well they're just really big and flowers growing in almost wasteful profusion and water and bees and chirpy happy things everywhere, everywhere, everywhere I sort of just don't know what to take a picture of, distracted by it all. I'm used to hunting for the hidden thing and here it's all just shouting "IT'S GREAT TO BE ALIVE!!!" And it is great to be alive, my arms hang by my side, I sponge it up. But no photos. I'll have to figure it out. And I will figure it out because I miss it, so there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like having to look for beauty. In fact, it rather annoys me. Beauty should be aware that I love it and therefore present itself to me at each and every opportunity. Is that too much to ask? ;)

Love this photograph, by the way. There's just something about dangling, draping, dreamy greenery. *contented sigh*

30 May 2009 at 18:48  
Anonymous Captain Cat said...

I love your words Colleen, they are beautiful and inspiring. I always come away from here feeling your warmth and love of life.

8 June 2009 at 02:04  

any questions?

<< Home