The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: M.I.A. am I

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

M.I.A. am I

© Colleen Hilman


Hello, everyone! Summer has taken over me and I haven't wanted to stare a computer in the eyeball for some time now. Neither have I felt like toting my camera about, sad as that is. No, it's just been laziness and stitching for me. It struck me that it's been several years since I've enjoyed summer as I used to know it. Summers in Yellowknife have their charm, yes, yes but I have loved every bit of 2009's sun and air conditioning and barefeet and grass that I've been able to.
August will find us on vacation (a.k.a. blogiday). If you're looking for Mark he will be somewhere on an Albertan golf course and I'll be walking no particular gravel road through the prairie trees. I will say hi if I see you. All of the above will continue for one month or so and then, one cooler day in September, I'll meet you back here.
Happy summer, friends!

© Colleen Hilman

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better say "hi" to me on one of those gravel roads. Looking forward to seeing you!
Pamela

29 July 2009 at 21:16  
Blogger Erin said...

Hey! I love your blog! Thanks for the link to the photo blog. Great photos. I enjoyed looking at it :)

Have a good summer!!

30 July 2009 at 18:34  
Blogger Erin said...

Oh, and I'm "bluebirdbaby" in case there was some confusion :)

30 July 2009 at 18:34  
Blogger Colleen said...

Pamelama! I'll probably just hug the stuffin' out of you instead. I can't help it ... it's a Heppner thing. :)

Hi Erin (aka. bbb)! I'm so glad you liked it! ... the photoblog and the "this blog". :) Come by any ol' time! :)

Cheese whiz, I can't pull myself away from smiley faces. :)

31 July 2009 at 08:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Summer to you too Colleen. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it. :)

31 July 2009 at 21:52  
Anonymous Susan said...

Have a great time away and I look forward to seeing back here in September!

1 August 2009 at 10:04  
Anonymous gardenmama said...

Enjoy your sweet summer days! I look forward to your return to this space : )

2 August 2009 at 17:31  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

Have fun with the family! I wish we could come visit, but sadly, it is not to be this year. :-(

I miss you, friend. It's been far too long since we chatted over tea. I'm just going to take a minute and think of you with a melancholy mood. But of course I'll end up smiling, 'cause you always make me smile!

Love you.

3 August 2009 at 12:33  
Blogger Nan said...

Wishing you a wonderful time, and I'm glad you've been enjoying your summer. I have missed you, though, and look forward to your return to your enchanting blog.

4 August 2009 at 06:57  
Blogger Kristina D. Closs said...

Too Cute!!!

9 August 2009 at 20:09  

any questions?

<< Home