The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: happy mouth, happy heart

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

happy mouth, happy heart

© Colleen Hilman
      My big brother and I had coffee together yesterday morning. He had the dark roast, I had espresso con panna. I confess that a full half of why I enjoy ordering an espresso con panna is because of how it feels in my mouth saying it. The other half is because I love coffee best when it is dark and small. And what doesn't whipped cream improve? is what I'd like to know. The only sad part is how quickly it's all over which is why it was so nice to be talking with someone I love. The coffee's gone but who cares when your heart's happy?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whipped cream would not improve cauliflower. Or lima beans.

11 November 2009 at 21:45  
Blogger Colleen said...

That is true! Never mind the question then. NOTHING could improve lima beans. Except maybe fire.

11 November 2009 at 23:22  
Blogger Colleen said...

As in "lighting them on" ....

11 November 2009 at 23:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha! I always tell the boy that everything tastes better with ketchup, in an attempt to get him to eat it. But there's even more that doesn't taste good with ketchup than there is!!!!

Personally, I am craving a decaf earl grey these days and surprisingly, Timmy's serves up a good one :)

Kel

12 November 2009 at 18:57  
Blogger Colleen said...

Earl grey, you say? Funny. I was standing in the grocery store the day contemplating Earl but then moved on. In my mind Earl Grey is the real tea and all the others are just flavours. I know that can't be true but I'm hardwired this way. My favourite "flavour" is Stash's Peppermint. Sans ketchup.

13 November 2009 at 13:21  

any questions?

<< Home