The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: peace in</br>peace out

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

peace in
peace out

      Well, we're still the full-time recipients of serious computer woes. I cannot believe how much time this robs and stress it creates.
      Oh 1997! I looked words up in a dictionary book. I marvelled at being able to talk and walk while on the phone and no cord. I tried new recipes because they'd tasted really good at a friend's place, not because 47 people had given it an average of 4.5 ★s. I got the weather forecast from the radio or ... looked outside. I dropped off my film at the pharmacy. I shopped in buildings. I got bugs from the garden. I wrote letters. I collected CDs. 1997! You weren't that long ago!
      Perfect? Not a bit. But good gravy, didn't it feel like you could connect the dots between what went wrong and what you needed to do to fix things?
      Perhaps a little serenity now! is in order that my brain might have a moment's peace before binary code takes me down, once and for all.

© Colleen Hilman
      Okay, we're good.
      Can I stay here for awhile more?
      Please?

3 Comments:

Blogger villagegirl said...

I hear you! I think our computer is trying to make it's point that it is OLD. At least in computer years. Very frustrating and SLOW. You are right though, there's something to be said for the way things were 10+ years ago. And I'm sure we thought we were SO 'technical'! hee hee
Well, I hope your woes come to a quick end.

18 November 2009 at 22:07  
Anonymous Captain Cat said...

Who is the half person who has been leaving comments?

I give this blog a 5* rating, FYI.

19 November 2009 at 04:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I really long for the old way of doing things, but then I think of how convenient everything is now. Well, at least when it's all functioning properly!

19 November 2009 at 14:03  

any questions?

<< Home