The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: BC to AB

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

BC to AB

      First of all, thank you everyone for your movie suggestions! I am planning on making a trip to the library to see if they have any of your recommendations on hand and from there I'll move onto possibly renting them off of the web. I can't wait! Watching old movies seems like such a perfect wintry thing to do, doesn't it? Quilts and pillows and warm drinks. I found Oliver! (1969 musical) for $8 the other day and have begun watching it. What wonderful songs! They've been looping through my brain ever since.
© Colleen Hilman
      On Sunday we began a beautiful trip in which I spent the bulk of thirteen hours gaping out the truck windows.

© Colleen Hilman
      The Okanagan valley swirled through fog, cream in amber tea.

© Colleen Hilman
      Most everywhere else was in the thick of December. Trees lined the road like we were royalty, a ribbon of grey highway our red carpet.

© Colleen Hilman

© Colleen Hilman
      Mountains snored winter under cloud blankets.

© Colleen Hilman
      And we with parcels stacked in the back seat, luggage tarped over in the truck bed, laughing at stories from The Vinyl Cafe.

© Colleen Hilman
      We're spending the bulk of our holiday in central Alberta where there is snow, glorious snow! Mittens and coats and boot stomping, exactly the way I like it. Merry Christmas to we!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you can capture the scenes I so desperately want to! The old P&S is starting go on the fritz, perhaps a newer, fancier Nikon D80 maybe on the horizon for me. wait...it's always on the horizon and it never seems to get closer to me...

Merry Christmas and safest travels :)

Love Kel

23 December 2009 at 02:27  
Blogger Dickie Chick said...

The merriest of Christmas' to you my dear friend! Love to you! Have a splendid time in winter wonderland!

23 December 2009 at 07:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe journeys! Have a marvelous time. :)

23 December 2009 at 15:52  
Blogger the mama said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! :)

24 December 2009 at 06:45  
Blogger villagegirl said...

Merry Christmas and happy boot stomping!
Bring some snow back PLEASE!!!

24 December 2009 at 20:49  
Blogger Johanna said...

looks like a gorgeous Christmas in Alberta! I love the vinyl cafe too! So familiar, funny and comforting.

25 December 2009 at 10:58  
Blogger Les said...

I love the photo of the car heading down the tree-lined road. Did you shoot that through the windshield?! Very clear! Fantastic shots of the mountains, too.

27 December 2009 at 19:48  
Blogger Colleen said...

Thank you, all!
I did take that shot through the windshield. The whole drive was so beautiful!

27 December 2009 at 20:05  
Blogger Monika said...

Any chance of you coming down to Edmonton? We would love to see you!!

27 December 2009 at 23:20  

any questions?

<< Home