The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: broken and beautiful

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

broken and beautiful

© Colleen Hilman
      The Nutcracker's Arabian Dance has always been one of my favourites. Such a haunting suppressed pain pushing underneath it, I feel more than I hear. A heart at war with itself - seducing and lamenting. Arms stretched out like slow pulled taffy. A river winding deep blackmail. Its victims, their blind hands braille the dark walls of night alleys. Oh, it just aches with story.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember the song, but your description makes me think of Aldonza's "I Was Born In A Ditch". All that pain and fear and lostness, beating through the music.

Nancy

16 December 2009 at 14:16  
Blogger Colleen said...

I listened a little to a clip of the song you mentioned and I can hear what you mean. Very raw, so real.

17 December 2009 at 14:47  

any questions?

<< Home