The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: brrr.

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

brrr.

© Colleen Hilman
      I'm currently shivering my timbers at my parent's place in Kelowna. It's a gorgeous, cool, sunny day and for the life of me I can NOT get warm. I have a steady ache in my wrists and ankles as though I'm in a constant state of thaw but never quite getting to a state of puddle. I love Canada so much but I am hardwired for Arizona. At least I think I am because I've not actually been there but I've heard it's hot and dry and that sounds heavenly right about now. However, I'm going to bundle up and walk up Glenmore Road towards a coffee and maybe a little chocolate something something in hope of obliterating the Ice Cube Blues. Heh, I have this picture of a coffee dangling from a stick in place of a carrot to encourage me outdoors and uphill. I think if I start moving that will take care of at least half of my coldness. I don't care if my skin is cold - it's when my insides are cold that misery sets in. Too bad a morning of hardcore shivering doesn't qualify as a workout. It should.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's sun in Kelowna? Lucky! It's all overcast in Kamloops. But I hear you on the cold. Definitely brrr!

2 December 2009 at 13:35  
Blogger Les said...

Gorgeous door and wreath!

I'm hardwired for Arizona, too. I love Nebraska (and was born in Canada - I think I mentioned we lived in Valleyview when I was a toddler), but boy-oh-boy do I love the sun and heat. It's a chilly 23 (F) and I've been cold all day. And to think this is just the beginning.

I'm dreaming of Sanibel Island. 22 days to go!

3 December 2009 at 16:30  
Blogger Dickie Chick said...

I agree, shivering of any intensity should qualify as a workout! It does in my books! :o)

3 December 2009 at 21:35  
Anonymous Captain Cat said...

I think you would have fun with a polaroid camera. I'm thinking of getting one. I don't know where that came from, just thinking of you and how creative you are with your photos.

Sorry about the cold. There's nothing worse than cold insides, which warm socks can't warm. A hot bath maybe. Did the coffee dangling on the end of your stick do the trick?

It's cold here too, but not too cold, which is annoying. Just sloshy snowy muddy rain and a chill in the wind.

I think being cold does qualify as a mini work out, because you're burning off calories to stay warm.

Big warm hugs sent via express post. x

4 December 2009 at 03:16  

any questions?

<< Home