The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: that delicious feeling

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, December 14, 2009

that delicious feeling

© Colleen Hilman
      Today contained one of those lovely eeeeeeeeee! feelings I couldn't contain whereupon I burst into spontaneous song as I was driving home. It seems a million ages since I last made up a ridiculous tune that involves purposely singing loud and off-key just to make it funnier but I think cheese may have had something to do with it. (Cheese often does.) I had just picked up some cambozola (which I'd sadly surmised I'd never taste again and lo! Costco!) and cranberry chevre for Christmas. Snow also had a million things to do with it because it was falling thick and happily (I've missed you, Snow) and people were everywhere but no one was going crazy or swerving wildly or cutting others off, tires spinning without promise. It was just right. I'd also just seen the sweetest, messiest knot of kidlins in sheep outfits and sagging shepherd cloaks singing carols and that always makes a heart feel good.
      So! What have we learned today? I think it's that joy will find a way out and is brought to you by the letter eeeeeeeeee! and the number 8 because that's what the cheese'll be when I'm through with it.
© Colleen Hilman

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly of what you speak. I'm VERY familiar with the feeling of eeeeeeeeee!

14 December 2009 at 09:46  
Anonymous jenna said...

cheese'll... heh heh.

14 December 2009 at 15:55  

any questions?

<< Home