for Sonya (and for you, too)
hy did I start blogging, you ask? Back before the hills got dusty and people used landlines more than cell phones and people didn't even say landlines and there was no such thing as Facebook and nobody shopped online a friend of mine started a blog. A Sneaky Suspicion tiptoed past me in full-on bandit gear and made me think that blogging would be something I'd enjoy. I could keep my far away friends and family up-to-date with my new northern life. They could tell me how much they love and miss me in the comment section. I would accept their love and missings with fond ponderings over coffee and thick slices of buttered toast. And thus I began.
In the process I have discovered the following:
1. I prefer writing about what I think over what I do.
2. I like taking photos.
3. I have met beautiful people that I wouldn't have otherwise.
4. I do not like the word blog (it sounds a sort of online wretching)
5. Saying web journal bothers me, too.
6. This list is becoming listless so I will leave the following discoveries to your imagination.
7. _______ and _______ but only when it rains.
8. Cheese helps but _______ makes me feel ______ .
9. ____________ oh ___________ !!!
10. ______________ and rhubarb.
The Pancake Chronicles isn't what I first had in mind but what it is has been nicer than I'd hoped and, "barring some unforeseen incident" (à la Seinfeld) I shall be here the day after tomorrow and perhaps the day after that, too. (But then not the day after that day but rather the following day after that day and then most likely the day after that.)