The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: up and away

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, January 22, 2010

up and away

© Colleen Hilman

              Fragmentary Blue

              Why make so much of fragmentary blue
              In here and there a bird, or butterfly,
              Or flower, or wearing-stone, or open eye,
              When heaven presents in sheets the solid hue?

              Since earth is earth, perhaps, not heaven (as yet) -
              Though some savants make earth include the sky;
              And blue so far above us comes so high,
              It only gives our wish for blue a whet.



                  Robert Frost

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem. I couldn't have said it better myself. Probably because my poetry writing skills are far beneath those of Mr. Frost.

Beautiful photograph too. You know me and blue skies...my love of them has no limits. :)

24 January 2010 at 09:16  

any questions?

<< Home