The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: I love moss.

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, January 14, 2011

I love moss.

© Colleen Hilman
I was so excited to post a photo of green and grey this very day but NO!  I left my camera elsewhere and won't be able to retrieve it until tomorrow so now I will force you to stare at this pile of snowy logs.  STARE AT IT.  I am in Portland, Oregon.  Yesterday it was a full 50°C (58°F) warmer here than in Yellowknife.  Isn't that crazy?  I live in that cold place!  How do I do it, you might ask?  Piles of steaming tea, big mittens and you could do it, too.

© Colleen Hilman
Much better.  These photos are three years old but oh it describes to you the mossy fix I've been getting here.  It reminds me of the best sleep I ever had which was upon a bed of moss on an island in the ocean.  No tent, just a sleeping bag in the open air on the turfiest, spongiest, densest, mossiest mattress you could imagine. Ack! it was beautiful.  Waking up that way is better than espresso, hands down and a foot.  I would give up coffee forever if I could sleep outside every day for the rest of my life, however there are one or two things standing in my way from living out this desire, ie. living a few miles south of the Arctic.

© Colleen Hilman
I should really learn to set realistic goals.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm...there's moss a foot thick in Northern SAskatchewan that you can only find by canoe. It's heaven. If it still exists and I agree, waking up there is a whole lot better :)

Xo Kel

14 January 2011 at 22:43  
Anonymous Tiffany said...

Vancouver's got moss too! Will you be stopping by en route to AB? I'd love to see you guys if possible.

15 January 2011 at 11:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love moss. Sleeping on it sounds divine.

15 January 2011 at 18:18  
Blogger Ada said...

Why yes this post DOES make me feel homesick for the temperate climate of the PNW, now that you mention it.

15 January 2011 at 19:21  

any questions?

<< Home