The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: left his mark

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

left his mark

© Colleen Hilman
      Today I saw a car accident. And worse, I saw someone run away from it as fast as he could go. He literally jumped out of his vehicle and ran, sprawling madly until his legs caught up with the rest of him, leaving behind the older gentleman whose car he'd hit standing on the curb beside his wreck, blinking vacantly at traffic. We stayed to help, others stayed too. But the image of him bolting loops round and round my brain ....

© Colleen Hilman
Lost. Man.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Erin said...

Was this on Fraser Highway near the mall? If so I was in the mall near Zellers and some guy came in and some other guys were yelling - get him he was just in an accident. I think they got him.

If not please ignore above comment.

20 January 2010 at 10:01  
Blogger Colleen said...

That had to have been him!

20 January 2010 at 13:45  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

Wow. Had he stolen the vehicle? 'Cause otherwise, what's the point in running and leaving the car behind?

20 January 2010 at 21:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he was drunk? High? Escaped jail?

Good grief! Was the older gentleman OK?

Kel

20 January 2010 at 23:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such drama!

21 January 2010 at 10:27  
Blogger Colleen said...

I don't know if the vehicle was stolen or not - the kid was young so that might account for him taking off not realizing it would be a cinch to link him to the vehicle. I think the older man was okay. He got out of the car on his own but he said he was sore so I imagine he will be hurting over the days and more to come. Crazy.

21 January 2010 at 13:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally crazy!!!

That's big city living I guess :(

Kel

25 January 2010 at 23:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, and I LOVE the colour of the peeling paint AND the lichens. I love lichens. Did you know there is a lichen in Alberta called Fairy Upchuck?? It's pale green with peach coloured dots!!! Or maybe it's pale peach with green coloured dots?? Either way, it's peach and green :)

Kel

25 January 2010 at 23:28  
Blogger Colleen said...

Seriously!? That's awesome! Fairy Upchuck - hilarious. :) And I love lichen, too - lichen and moss for me.

26 January 2010 at 11:08  

any questions?

<< Home