The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: "Oh, confused, would we?" *

The Pancake Chronicles

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"Oh, confused, would we?" *

© Colleen Hilman
      We're home again. And I'm trying to realign my brain with snow-free streets and the ever so slight feeling of spring in the trees. I've been warned that there could still be months of winter to come. But it is such a different winter! With lawns of greeny-green grass drunk on rain and moss living high on the hog it's hard to believe bears are still hibernating through these short days of January. They are, right? Hibernating? 'Cuz I'm not sure exactly but I thought I saw a bear in a yellow peacoat hailing a cab on the corner of Fraser and 188th the day before yesterday. Gee. Either that or I'm going to have cut back on the holiday antipasto.

*Homer Simpson - Bart Star (Season 9)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am having a very difficult time believing that we are just at the beginning of winter. I could have sworn that yesterday was a spring day.

6 January 2010 at 09:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm...to have hints of spring like you get! Actually, it's supposed to be 0 degrees in a couple days!!! With chance of freezing rain :(

Let me know when the cherry blossoms are coming out so I can come for a visit :)

Kel

6 January 2010 at 20:20  

any questions?

<< Home