The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: sun dogs!

The Pancake Chronicles

Monday, January 04, 2010

sun dogs!

© Colleen Hilman
      This is what I awoke to the first day of 2010! Talk about bringing in the new year! Cold and brilliant these sun dogs were so radiant we weren't able to look at them directly, let alone the sun. My camera had trouble focusing as well even in manual settings. I had to all but close my eyes as I snapped a couple of photos and hoped for the best. Did that, ran back into the house, stamped out the chill, rejoiced with my viewfinder, and walked a shivery line back to my coffee. H-h-h-ap-ppy N-n-n-new Y-y-year-r-r!
© Colleen Hilman

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

So cool Colleen! Happy New Year indeed! When do you get back?

4 January 2010 at 12:08  
Blogger Colleen said...

I'm within spittin' distance as I type! :)

4 January 2010 at 15:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that I don't have to tell you how much I love these photos! :)

Yay sun!

5 January 2010 at 13:59  
Blogger villagegirl said...

Ooooh! I love sun dogs!! We rarely get to see them here! Thank you for sacrificing your warmth and coffee to get those shots. :)

5 January 2010 at 22:48  
Blogger Scrapnqueen said...

These look almost like you took them in my front yard! (Except my trees are more poplars and willows, no evergreens.)

20 January 2010 at 21:59  

any questions?

<< Home