The Pancake Chronicles

The Pancake Chronicles: where I live

The Pancake Chronicles

Friday, February 11, 2011

where I live

Last week we were surprised by a warm northern day of -1°C(30°F) weather. The skies were blue between cotton puffs and the sun smiley. I walked to the post office.
Here is a little of my town:

© Colleen Hilman
Around the corner from here is my favourite grocery store and just beyond is the post office.

© Colleen Hilman
This particular Extra Foods is my favourite.  Although it is the smallest grocery in town it has the best sales on the things I like.

© Colleen Hilman
Outside of the frame to the left is the Explorer Hotel.  The rock is part of the Canadian Shield which is everywhere and any old where.

© Colleen Hilman
Yet another raven (not so) secretly planning to take over the world. 

© Colleen Hilman
Halfway home and looking up. The brown house to the left behind the trees was built by Mark's dad in the early 1970s.  I've never been inside because it no longer belongs to him.

© Colleen Hilman
An alley looking a little glum as alleys can.

© Colleen Hilman
Almost to the corner.

© Colleen Hilman
My street.

© Colleen Hilman
This is my where I live.  From here I look at trees and snow, and ravens surfing the slipstreams.  In fact, I am looking this very moment but for the ravens.  They are elsewhere today - plotting maniacally, I'm sure.  I am also looking at our tandem bike leaning against the balcony rail, having settled in for a long winter's nap with snowcaps on the seats as proof.

© Colleen Hilman

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these terrific photos of where you live. Since I'll probably never get there myself it's nice to have a glimpse of your habitat.

11 February 2011 at 08:05  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Just wanted to say I've been reading your thoughts for awhile now and I enjoy your photos and your look on life~I don't comment much, but I am here listening!

11 February 2011 at 10:37  
Blogger villagegirl said...

I am utterly in love with all your white trees. They are like a wee bit of heaven!
What a gloriously warm day for your part of the world. In fact I think it was the same temp here the last couple mornings. I bet that doesn't happen too often. :)

11 February 2011 at 16:45  
Blogger Keri's Collage... said...

I love it! You live in a very beautiful place!! Who said white isn't a color??!?!??!!

11 February 2011 at 16:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought I would miss it but look! There's the RCMP building and JTFN!! And the distinctly metal clad buildings! And the rocks! And yes, that Extra Foods does rock!!

Thanks for the memories!!

XO Kel

11 February 2011 at 18:27  
Blogger Rachel said...

I like, I like!!!

12 February 2011 at 08:51  
Blogger Colleen said...

Thank you! It is very beautiful and very white. The trees are often like this, almost otherworldly - like something out of a Tolkien book.

And HELLO Rebecca! And thank you! I'm really glad you popped up to say hi and I'm especially glad you're here. ♪

14 February 2011 at 12:53  
Blogger Susan Moorhead said...

Is it wrong to feel a little bit better about winter here because yours looks so much colder, snowier, winterishier... beautiful snowy pictures but brrrrrrrrrrrr.

15 February 2011 at 21:33  
Blogger Colleen said...

No. But ONLY because you said winterishier. :)

15 February 2011 at 22:50  

any questions?

<< Home